Sad day

Tinkey71

Songster
Nov 8, 2018
Florida
one of my chickens was dead this morning- she’s been acting strange the last few days , but I thought she might be getting ready to lay. I’ve been letting them out of the coop for a few hours in the morning, when I can be around to check on them periodically. The last 3 days instead of running around the fenced in area I have my coops in, she just sat in an area between the open door of her coop and my other coop, so basically I saw this as her going to a “ safe” area.
I did read that chickens can die during their 1st lay. But not sure if that was it. I lock them in the coop at night so no chance of a predator attack, no signs that my other chickens in the coop did anything to her.
Just was wondering about other people’s experience and if there’s anything I can do to prevent this from happening to my other 12.

one of my chickens was dead this morning- she’s been acting strange the last few days , but I thought she might be getting ready to lay. I’ve been letting them out of the coop for a few hours in the morning, when I can be around to check on them periodically. The last 3 days instead of running around the fenced in area I have my coops in, she just sat in an area between the open door of her coop and my other coop, so basically I saw this as her going to a “ safe” area.
I did read that chickens can die during their 1st lay. But not sure if that was it. I lock them in the coop at night so no chance of a predator attack, no signs that my other chickens in the coop did anything to her.
Just was wondering about other people’s experience and if there’s anything I can do to prevent this from happening to my other 12.

Things happen. The other day I watched my best blue frizzle cochin chasing his hens, eating, doing everything a normal heathy rooster would do; two hours latter he lay dead on the coop floor. ??????? It happens. The best you can do is watch the others for health problems. Likely, everything will be fine. Sorry for your loss.

serama.jpg

Young serama pair.

Back
Top Bottom