Rotten egg or late bloomer??? HELP PLEASE :)!

Just wanted to say that IT'S HATCHING
smile.png
!!! I'm so incredibly anxious to get home from work today!!! Hoping things go well --just couldn't justify a sick day for my chickens
wink.png
!! I'll post pictures later when I get home
smile.png
-- Our little one (hatched out Sunday) is going to be so happy to have a cuddle buddy
smile.png
!! Yeah!!
yippiechickie.gif

I have one that pipped this morning, and it has been 2 days since the first pip. She has 2 chicks hatched, and 2 more to go. I didn't check all the eggs this morning, only that one. So I guess they can have a staggered hatch too
smile.png

The eggs aren't all hers, I think that is why. Her flock mates kept giving her new eggs and I let it go on for a while before I stopped them.

Only 25 more minutes til I can head home to check
smile.png
-- can't wait! These eggs weren't the broody's eggs...she's been broody off and on since the beginning of January and we finally let her go-- but she hasn't laid an egg forever
smile.png
-- Hopefully this will satisfy her and all will be well
smile.png
!! I'll post pictures later
smile.png
--Hoping everything went okay--it's making me nuts being here at work
smile.png
!

Yes
smile.png
!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:! My husband came home early Thursday to "check" -- he's a softie
smile.png
-- and sure enough, it had hatched, but mom abandoned it, so he brought it in the barn and set up the heat lamp etc...and it was up and running in a few hours
smile.png
-- so glad he came home early, and our other little fella (hopefully GAL
smile.png
!!) is sooooo happy to have a buddy-- I haven't gotten pic's yet, I will this weekend though --I'll be sure to post
smile.png
!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom