Rocklin Ca Chicken Ordinances

starrchicken

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
Per Officer Stout, your property is not big enough to house a sanitary enclosure in the back yard that is located at least 20 feet away of any building or property line. Per ordinance in Rocklin, "6.44.020 Enclosures for domestic fowl shall be kept in sanitary enclosure which shall not be located within 20 feet of any building or property line." The problem I have is what does the city consider an enclosure? I am assuming it's a coupe. My hens are free roaming and the code doesn't specify that the hens have to stay in an enclosure all the time. Has anybody else had to deal with animal control?

Unfortunately, it appears that it does say that fowl must be kept in an enclosure.

6.44.020 Enclosures for domestic fowl.
hyperlink.png

Domestic fowl shall be kept in a sanitary enclosure which shall not be located within twenty feet of any building or property line.
(Ord. 483 § 12.2, 1982).

What are the dimensions of your property? Are you being cited due to a complaint or just general enforcement?

Sorry you are dealing with this.

Calling all Rocklin and Placer County Chicken Owners, I am going to take on the chicken ordinance in Rocklin and need your support. You can own a 100 pound pig and it is treated like a dog but most residents can't have Chickens and Rabbits. Also, Placer County, which the city of Rocklin is in, voted 4-0 to have much more relaxed ordinances for chickens and they have the data around their decision. So I need all Placer County Voters to contact their Board of Supervisors to influence and change Rocklin's strict chicken ordinances. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom