Ritz Chicken Casserole

Poison Ivy

Crowing
16 Years
May 2, 2007
Naples, Florida
This a recipe from my uncle that is out of this world good. My inlaws went crazy over it and my FIL called it good packing food!

Ritz Chicken Casserole

4 chicken breast
1 small sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 stick of butter
2 packs of Ritz crackers
1 can cream of mushroom soup ( opitional) I use it in mine

Boil chicken & debone return to broth add cream of chicken & thicken with cornstarch & water. Add sour cream and mix well. Pour mixture into a casserole dish top with ritz crackers. Melt butter and pour over top. Bake 25 minutes at 400* Should be thick not soupy when done.

Oh this sounds good! I've got to try it. But I have 2 questions. First, do you use the mushroom soup & the cr of chicken or replace the cr of chicken with the mushroom? Second, would it work to cut the amount of chicken in half (there are only 2 of us)? If so would I also cut the ingred in half as well?

That amount is about right for 2 people it give you a little for left overs for lunch. I always have to double it for our family. No you can just add the cream of mushroom to the recipe or leave it out. I just add both for flavor. I guess you could just cut the recipe in half if you like. I also chop up my chicken into bite size pieces after its done boiling.

Back
Top Bottom