Richmond, Texas (TX) - Fort Bend County

anlashok

Hatching
6 Years
May 10, 2013
Richmond, Texas
So I'm moving into a new subdivision of Richmond, by Katy, and assume that the HOA would prohibit chickens. If anyone knows if they are at all permitted in Fort Bend County, TX or Richmond, TX please let me know.
I am looking at least though to see if there is anyone in the area (Fort Bend, Harris, etc) that I can get eggs and fresh chickens or meat w/o having to go to a farmers market. I did look into some of the farms in north houston, but pricing wasn't the greatest. Hoping if I find someone direct we can get fresh and "organic" w/o Whole Foods prices.
Thanks

Okay, called Richmond (281-232-6871) for you and the city of Richmond says you can keep chickens as long as they are caged, and do not become a nuisance. Of course, your HMO may have more to say on the subject.
smile.png

So I'm moving into a new subdivision of Richmond, by Katy, and assume that the HOA would prohibit chickens. If anyone knows if they are at all permitted in Fort Bend County, TX or Richmond, TX please let me know.
I am looking at least though to see if there is anyone in the area (Fort Bend, Harris, etc) that I can get eggs and fresh chickens or meat w/o having to go to a farmers market. I did look into some of the farms in north houston, but pricing wasn't the greatest. Hoping if I find someone direct we can get fresh and "organic" w/o Whole Foods prices.
Thanks
Also, One of my neighbors uses greenling.com for fresh green produce

Thanks
Just saw your post. A bit late for me. LOL. We are moving into a neighborhood in Richmond where they allow only household pets and horses. Did you have an issue with your HOA?

Back
Top Bottom