Reuse for pool machinery?

NorthTexasWink

Songster
Jun 11, 2017
Arlington, Texas
IMG_9176.JPG IMG_9177.JPG IMG_9178.JPG uploading pics of the decommissioned pool machinery in my far back yard. The whole pool was filled in with cruddy rock and yellow sandy fill long before I got here 7 years ago. No water or power there now, though it'd sure be handy to have it! Might be able to restore those later. That blue tank seems to be iron or maybe very thick steel. Heavy as sin. I'm still clearing brush back there, mostly trash saplings and overgrown privet. Found a little rose of Sharon bush and rooted cuttings in spring, so if it dies when I dig out this mess it's ok.

Any ideas what to do with this? The pvc pipe is easy to repurpose. That tank though, no idea. Planter? What's inside it? I'll need to research a tool to open that top. Can you tell I know nothing about keeping a swimming pool?

Attachments

• IMG_9179.JPG
    IMG_9179.JPG
    646.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9180.JPG
    IMG_9180.JPG
    598 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9181.JPG
    IMG_9181.JPG
    551.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9182.JPG
    IMG_9182.JPG
    430.7 KB · Views: 11
Personally I would list it for sale first to see if anyone else is able to use it for their pool. One fewer item to be manufactured, shipped, etc...

I would if it wasn't all at least a decade old. Such a heavy tank must be made to hold something under pressure. At least it looks like that to me. I don't want to risk someone suffering injury or damages from it failing. It's not just a matter of liability for me either. I'd feel bad.

No, I'm going to figure something I can use all this for. I'm crafty and handy, though not as strong as I used to be. Maybe the tank will only become a planter or get transformed into a "garden artifact" (as I like to call some of my landscaping decor) or a gong. Just hoping for some inspiration and ideas. :pop

Ok thanks! I'll try getting into it this weekend. Might have a friend coming by that knows about pools to help. I'll consider selling it if it's in usable shape.

There WAS a well and still is a seep spring on the property, but I'm not sure whether the pool was hooked up to it or city water. My property was once a large pear orchard before it was subdivided into residential lots in the late 1940's. Apparently my property was part of the old farmhouse and yard. I've excavated the foundation stones and some still stacked bricks of the fireplace and chimney along my back fence in the corner opposite this pool stuff. Used some for raised beds and other projects. I think the pool was probably built in the late 1950's, same as my house. The well is filled in and maybe 15 feet under grade now. Again, done before I got here. The machinery could have been updated between then and whenever it was filled in.

Back
Top Bottom