ReptiPro 6000 Incubators

This season I am going to use my reptipro 6000 just for hatching, I know the reptipro will maintain a good humidity, but using it for poultry I am concerned with not enough air circulation/oxygen for the hatching birds. I work so can't be there opening the door every few hours to let in some new air. Any recommendations that have worked for others to get some fresh air/oxygen to the hatchlings?

Thank you... Clint

Last edited:
Hi Aart!
Sorry for not responding sooner, I just saw your post.
That is hard to answer- most of the things I could tell you you can already find in our product descriptions, etc. If you have any specific questions, please ask and I will be happy to answer!

What I can tell you is that we are constantly working to improve our incubator. Last year, we upgraded our thermoelectric modules, our chipboard, and the overall manufacturing quality of the unit. The units that we have in stock right now are better than any of the units that have shipped from us in the past, and we are committed to continuing this, through listening to our customers and fixing what needs to be fixed.

We have also been able to lower the cost of our egg turners, making this a more affordable option for many poultry breeders. With turners, you can get a capacity of 32 chicken eggs, a reasonable quantity for most hobby breeders.

And Zekii- we have many customers say that they use it as a brooder because they like the high humidity it is able to maintain. We have found that opening the door multiple times a day for air exchange is not really necessary, and will only make it harder to maintain your temps and reduce the overall life of your unit. Opening the incubator once a day to check your eggs should be plenty. With the newer units, there are air exchange notches (that double as egg turner cord notches) that help to get circulation throughout the unit without compromising your humidity levels.

Thanks for your interest in our products!

I was wondering if you can hatch the eggs directly in the ReptiPro instead of moving them to a hatcher. Is that possible?

Sure, that is no problem! If you have egg turners in there, just remove them and set your eggs on the bottom shelf. You will want to add in a small container of water for humidity rather than using that bottom tray (don't want your eggs sitting in water!). All you have to do from that point is wait :)
I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom