Reducing numbers...hens and roosters

Sara Ranch

Songster
Jun 7, 2017
I will be posting here and there with some hens and roosters to rehome. Our chicken numbers grew from 12 to more than 200. I can support, care for, and love all of them -- but my pastures are asking for a break to recover.

At any time, I have roosters available. Some are young - cockerels. Some are mature and with flocks. Some totally free range and are part of the Rooster Patrol.

All of the boys and girls are gentle and kind towards chickens, cats, dogs, and humans. All of the chickens free range. All go back to the nesting boxes for laying eggs. (Rarely is there a field egg. Field eggs are usually laid by new layers.) I feed them fermented feed 2-3x a day.

Under boys - I have RIR, Americauna, Buff, Egger mix, Black Austrolorp/RIR mix.

For girls - I'll be doing these in batches.

Two buff orpington sisters - Three Prong and Mohawk. They were born approximately end of 2016/early 2017. Both visit the nesting box regularly.

Two buff orpington sisters and their cousin - Popcorn and Maya (sisters) and Brownie. They were born approximately early 2017. Brownie is our "pterodactyl" dinosaur girl. When she's in the nesting box, leave her alone. She will scream at you and it sounds like the old flying dinosaurs from the movies. :) She does NOT bit/peck/claw/hurt.

Two wyndocotte sisters. They were born approximately early 2017.

Two brahma sisters. They were born approximately early 2017.

All of the girls would be great for someone looking for low maintenance chickens, to add more girls to the flock to make the boy/girl ratio better, or for a few eggs a week.

I am in/near Burlington WV.

Hang on their is a person in this forem who wants a rooster maybe you two can work together I'll message him just look in the forms for him/her

Back
Top Bottom