Red range x faulb fee question?

lizham71

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
I have a question what color chicks if male is red range and hen is faulb fee??

if fee removes red or dilute it but then I read a study that said range removes the dark spots so will it just produce white birds??

Well, this would be a sex linked cross, because roux is sex-linked.

So, females will hatch Scarlett Fee. I don't 100% know what that will look like.

Males will hatch Rosetta Fee, which is basically Grau Fee.

Keep in mind that all the chicks will only be heterozygous for Fee, so the results of the Fee gene won't be as strong as they would be if homozygous. And, if your Falb Fee hen isn't homozygous for Fee, then half the offspring won't be Fee, so there's that, too.

Well, this would be a sex linked cross, because roux is sex-linked.

So, females will hatch Scarlett Fee. I don't 100% know what that will look like.

Males will hatch Rosetta Fee, which is basically Grau Fee.

Keep in mind that all the chicks will only be heterozygous for Fee, so the results of the Fee gene won't be as strong as they would be if homozygous. And, if your Falb Fee hen isn't homozygous for Fee, then half the offspring won't be Fee, so there's that, too.

So out of three of those eggs I put on I got one hatch due to a power outage... I don’t know what a Grau fee chick looks like but this one is unusual I’m assuming it’s the scarlett fee? It’s a coco color on head and on back with a lighter color on belly and some patches around eyes and light strips down back... photo shows it side by side with a Pharoah chick I’ve not seen a chocolate color Chick wish photo showed better color... can’t wait to see what it feathers out to be
BDB932F0-9B66-429F-B4C1-19D5CCB4A244.jpeg
BDB932F0-9B66-429F-B4C1-19D5CCB4A244.jpeg BDB932F0-9B66-429F-B4C1-19D5CCB4A244.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom