Rants or Raves about anything - Let it out!

I'll start! Today I'm all grumpy about how the grocery stores (or any store, really!) are snookering us out of money without even realizing how we're being sucked into their little games.

I want to buy Pepsi. My local mega-store advertises 12-pack bottles for $5.98. The same size bottle in a 6-pack is $5.48. Of course, I *always* order the 12-pack in my online/store pick-up order, but only 1 time out of 20 do they have it available. Come check-out time, they want to substitute the 6-packs. Inside the store, same story - 12-pack label on the shelf, but no inventory. This has been the pattern for the past year. WHY??? They use the 12-pack as a lure, to get you to pay extra for the smaller package, to increase the profit.

Another example this morning is kitty litter. My mega-store carries their own brand of crystal/silica-based cat litter (love the stuff! I'll never use clay again) at about half the price of any other pet store or online source I can find. They've carried it for months, typically filling an entire endcap. Oh but today, no inventory. The endcap is gone. It's still online available for shipping. Did I mention they want you to sign up for their membership plan, at $$/year, so you can get "free" shipping? Anywhere else on the internet, pet stores, Amazon, etc. carry the same type of product at about double the cost. What a ruse!

Rant over, for the moment. I'm still fuming.

Back
Top Bottom