Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

trade-expectation-appreciation-683x1024.jpg

Some of my favorites from one of my favorite writers, Hunter S. Thompson:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

"Human beings are the only creatures on earth that claim a God and the only thing that behaves like it hasn't got one." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

The most violent element in society is ignorance.
"Red Emma Goldman

“I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.”
― Emma Goldman

“Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit.”
― Emma Goldman

Back
Top Bottom