Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

images
The motto of the day...I need to summon all the patience I can handle today.:rant
What's got ya wound up Shannon??

That's terrible! So sorry for your friends loss. :hugs I hope they get help and find out what happened, that way it could save others, the heartache.

I would guess its one of two things, either its genetics or feed. Did they fed the chicken a lot of processed food from the table? The vet always told me not to feed my dog table scraps. If it was bad for the dog might be bad for the chicken..

I'm thinking it was this actually...

OR

Avian Encephalomyelitis

Clinical signs: Signs commonly appear during the first week of life and between the second and third weeks. Affected chicks may first show a dull expression of the eyes, followed by progressive incoordination, sitting on hocks, tremors of the head and neck, and finally paralysis or prostration. Affected chicks are inactive. Some may refuse to walk or will walk on their hocks. In advanced cases, many chicks will lie with both feet out to one side (prostrate) and die. All stages (dullness, tremors, prostration) can usually be seen in an affected flock. Feed and water consumption decreases and the birds lose weight. In adult birds, a transitory drop (5-20 percent) in egg production may be the only clinical sign present. However, in breeding flocks, a corresponding decrease in hatchability is also noted as the virus is egg- transmitted until hens develop immunity. Chickens which survive the clinical disease may develop cataracts later in life (see Table 2).

And this killed her. http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/12/big-liver-and-spleen-disease/

Thank you all. :)

Back
Top Bottom