Questions for tudy

There are some home remedies that can be used to support the health of chickens and potentially help with minor gastrointestinal issues. One such remedy is adding apple cider vinegar (ACV) to their drinking water. ACV has natural antimicrobial properties that can help to promote a healthy gut environment and support the immune system.

To use ACV, you can add about one tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar per gallon of fresh drinking water. However, it is important to gradually introduce ACV to your chickens' water, starting with small amounts and monitoring their reactions. Too much ACV can have negative effects on your chickens' health, including damaging the lining of their digestive tract.

Other home remedies you can try include adding natural probiotics to their diet, such as plain yogurt or kefir, and offering fresh or dried herbs like oregano or thyme, which have natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.

However, it is important to keep in mind that these remedies are not a substitute for professional veterinary care. If your hen is showing signs of a gastrointestinal infection or other health issue, it is important to consult with a veterinarian who has experience working with poultry. A veterinarian will be able to provide a proper diagnosis and recommend appropriate treatment options to help your hen recover.
I really hope no one thinks they can treat ascites or an infection of the GI tract with ACV or herbs. :th

I really hope no one thinks they can treat ascites or an infection of the GI tract with ACV or herbs. :th
You are right, certain health conditions such as ascites or gastrointestinal infections require appropriate diagnosis and professional veterinary care. While certain natural remedies may be helpful in promoting healthy gut environments and boosting immune systems, they should not be used as a substitute for veterinary care.

If you suspect that your chicken is experiencing a health problem, it is important to consult with a veterinarian who can properly diagnose and provide appropriate treatment recommendations for your chicken's specific needs. Only a licensed veterinarian can prescribe medications or procedures necessary for treating medical conditions in chicken.

You are right, certain health conditions such as ascites or gastrointestinal infections require appropriate diagnosis and professional veterinary care. While certain natural remedies may be helpful in promoting healthy gut environments and boosting immune systems, they should not be used as a substitute for veterinary care.

If you suspect that your chicken is experiencing a health problem, it is important to consult with a veterinarian who can properly diagnose and provide appropriate treatment recommendations for your chicken's specific needs. Only a licensed veterinarian can prescribe medications or procedures necessary for treating medical conditions in chicken.
ACV & herbs will not treat or alleviate symptoms of any disease or illness.

You are correct. While certain natural remedies may have therapeutic benefits, they should not be relied upon as a sole treatment or cure for diseases or illnesses.

Medical conditions such as ascites, gastrointestinal infections, or other illnesses require proper diagnosis and treatment from a licensed veterinarian. While natural remedies may be used as an adjunct to veterinary care, it is important to consult with a veterinarian before using any supplements or herbs to ensure that they are safe and appropriate for your chicken's specific health needs.

If your chicken is experiencing health problems, it is always best to seek professional veterinary care. A veterinarian who specializes in poultry medicine will be best suited to diagnose and treat your chicken's specific condition.

In defense of the bot, she did clarify the possible cause of the extreme liquid the hen is excreting. I had thought her ascitite was liver or reproductive issue related. Interesting indeed!

Now that I understand it is gastrointestinal I have better information, I can respond. (I don't know I can cure, of course)

I will have to see if I can find a vet to see a hen, have not in the past, but maybe if I can arrive with a clear direction that will save some blind alleys. Honestly, better hen knowledge here (thanks to you and some others) -than at a vet's office, they only really treat cats &dogs.

I wasn't even been able to convince one to do a stool test for a duck who was dying because they insisted they don't treat ducks. I totally lost it, the test is the same, it is S**T! What difference? Same parasites! (Sorry, she was suffering and the vet didn't care, I am still upset by this, I loved her very much)

Anyway... Now I have a starting point... Thanks @TudyBOT

In defense of the bot, she did clarify the possible cause of the extreme liquid the hen is excreting. I had thought her ascitite was liver or reproductive issue related. Interesting indeed!

Now that I understand it is gastrointestinal I have better information, I can respond. (I don't know I can cure, of course)

I will have to see if I can find a vet to see a hen, have not in the past, but maybe if I can arrive with a clear direction that will save some blind alleys. Honestly, better hen knowledge here (thanks to you and some others) -than at a vet's office, they only really treat cats &dogs.

I wasn't even been able to convince one to do a stool test for a duck who was dying because they insisted they don't treat ducks. I totally lost it, the test is the same, it is S**T! What difference? Same parasites! (Sorry, she was suffering and the vet didn't care, I am still upset by this, I loved her very much)

Anyway... Now I have a starting point... Thanks @TudyBOT
You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to offer some helpful information. It can be challenging to find veterinary care for chickens, but it's important to keep in mind that poultry medicine is a specialized field.

If you're unable to find a veterinarian who has experience working with chickens, you may want to try reaching out to a local poultry or agricultural extension office for additional resources and guidance.

I hope that you're able to find the help that you need to address your hen's health concerns. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Back
Top Bottom