Question about this “Ameraucana”

I agree.... But until that egg, I guess the jury's out. If she's an ameraucana, she's rather poorly bred.
I hope to get some ameraucana hatching eggs from a breeder next year, but for now I have hatchery birds. If I sell any of her eggs for hatching purposes they will probably be labeled as Easter Egger.

The only "real" purebred Ameraucanas McMurray has is their new line of blues they acquired a year or so ago that sell for more...the others are Easter Eggers of mixed colors and patterns that may or may not lay blue eggs, blue-green eggs, green eggs, or tan/pink ones (they basically admit this in their description, while still wrongly calling them Ameraucanas.) They sell them as Ameraucanas even though both purebred Ameraucana clubs have repeatedly asked the hatcheries to stop fibbing to people. Not a thing in the world wrong with Easter Eggers! I have had and loved them, and many have many of the same traits that make Ameraucanas so lovely...pea combs, muffs and beards, pretty colored eggs. It would just be nice if they wouldn't lie to people buying chicks! The only hatcheries who have purebred Ameraucanas are Cackle who got a line of blacks from a breeders years ago and McMurray's new line of blues.

The only "real" purebred Ameraucanas McMurray has is their new line of blues they acquired a year or so ago that sell for more...the others are Easter Eggers of mixed colors and patterns that may or may not lay blue eggs, blue-green eggs, green eggs, or tan/pink ones (they basically admit this in their description, while still wrongly calling them Ameraucanas.) They sell them as Ameraucanas even though both purebred Ameraucana clubs have repeatedly asked the hatcheries to stop fibbing to people. Not a thing in the world wrong with Easter Eggers! I have had and loved them, and many have many of the same traits that make Ameraucanas so lovely...pea combs, muffs and beards, pretty colored eggs. It would just be nice if they wouldn't lie to people buying chicks! The only hatcheries who have purebred Ameraucanas are Cackle who got a line of blacks from a breeders years ago and McMurray's new line of blues.
Super interesting thing is that they apparently used to admit that these birds weren't pure Ameraucana. I just found this video where they state their birds are mixed from a few years back. I wonder why the claim them to be pure now... Quite strange

Super interesting thing is that they apparently used to admit that these birds weren't pure Ameraucana. I just found this video where they state their birds are mixed from a few years back. I wonder why the claim them to be pure now... Quite strange
Now that's interesting. Would I sound cynical if I say it's probably because "Ameraucanas" have become more and more popular, and they sell more by not calling them Easter Eggers? :-/

Now that's interesting. Would I sound cynical if I say it's probably because "Ameraucanas" have become more and more popular, and they sell more by not calling them Easter Eggers? :-/
Couldn't tell you. The weird thing is in the video they seemed pretty respectful of the breed clubs and now this labeling is in direct confrontation to the club. I would be super curious to see what was the discussion behind the scenes!

I'd confidently guess she's an EE. Her beard especially looks very EE-like. But if she ends up pure black and lays blue eggs I may tentatively say black Ameraucana.
Agree with this. She could very well be. Purebred Ameraucana can also lay teal and aqua colors. There is a lot of shade variation. Color chart from the Ameraucana Breeder's Club.😊
egg color chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom