Quail vs Guinea Fowl

Quote:
I DUNNO... THEY ARENT VERY SPORTING PER SE' BUT THEY DO STILL CLASSIFY AS MOVING TARGETS

Lock n load JJ, are you gonna use whammy shells or am I gonna go John Wayne on it with my 30-30???

Quote:
It's rather ironic. I just got back from my BIL's house, was up there for a holiday cookout. His 17 Guinea Fowl sounded off just like that video every five minutes the entire time I was there. They were in his 1,000 Sq. ft open top 4' corral enclosure 50 yds from his house and they were still loud. We decided to cook at his father's house next door, which is 100yds from the Guinea pen, and still had to listen to them screeching the entire time.

When it was time for the Guinea Fowl to be put up for the evening 4 hens went into their "coop" and all the rest flew at least 30 foot into the surrounding trees and refused to come down. It took my BIL 2 hours to get most of the Guinea Fowl into the coop for the night and one was still 60 ft up a tree when I left at 10 PM. He called them every name in the book and we had to talk him out of blasting the last one out of the tree.
he.gif

I visit their house every two weeks or so and both the noise and it's frequency are typical. The rotten Guinea behavior is less frequent but occurs at least once a week due to their hyper skittish nature.

I would prefer to have all my teeth pulled without the benefit of novocaine than own any Guinea Fowl.
It's quail for me.

Last edited:
ive got about 30 breeds of birds on my farm, and i can honestly say i wish guineas werent one of them. Love my cotournix and bobs, and the trio of buttons i got from soaringhawks is awesome.

Quote:
I DUNNO... THEY ARENT VERY SPORTING PER SE' BUT THEY DO STILL CLASSIFY AS MOVING TARGETS

Lock n load JJ, are you gonna use whammy shells or am I gonna go John Wayne on it with my 30-30???

(LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER AT 30+ SHOTGUNNING TROPHIES...) I THINK I LIKE THE WHAMMY SHELLS... BUT THEN AGAIN.. GUINEAS, NOISE, CLOSE RANGE--- CAN I USE MY 300WSSM... IF I SEE 'EM I OWN 'EM AND THEY'D BE TOO FAR AWAY TO ANNOY US WITH ALL THAT FREAKIN NOISE!

Quote:
THAT SHOULD HAVE A DECENT "WORKABLE RANGE"

LOAD 150GR BAL BT.... NICE COEFFICIENT TO IT WITH LOTSA GO BEHIND IT... YEAH I KINDA LIKE THAT IDEA
thumbsup.gif

Just don't mow tall grass unless your guineas are put away
sickbyc.gif
. On my parents farm as a kid they used hide from the tractor, in the hay, while you were mowing it. It's not a pleasant experience.

Back
Top Bottom