quail supplements

quail31

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Winchester,UK
is there anything i can put in my quails food that will make them stronger,healthier birds. i have heard of garlic powder but is there anything else i could supplememt their food with???

main thing is keep protein as high as poss

about 25%

as chicks 30%

you can give then ACV and vitamins but they should be fine with high protein diet

Last edited:
I would be cautious of supplementing with any sizable amount of garlic chronically, periods of time for a health and immune boost no more then four days at a time no more than once a month is fine. Garlic is a blood thinner, it's bad for blood pressure and can make the smallest injury bleed profusely if taken long term or in excess.
Cheers,
Jessie

Probiotics, probiotics, probiotics!!!!!!

There is not a better supplement than adding probios to the diet of any animal on the planet. Humans included. 70% of the immune system lies in the GI tract. And this is where nearly all bacteria and pathogens take hold in the body. In the gut. You can boost their systems very easily, and healthily with probiotics. You can use animal grade or even human grade.

There have been studies done by the world wide poultry industry on the use of probiotics in broilers, turkeys and other fowl used for meat and they have found that it nearly knocks out all enteritis's and many many other pathogens to the point of not needing to add antibiotics to their diets. Millions of birds are saved each year because of the use of probiotics.

I start every chick I brood on probios for the first 2 weeks of their lives. Since babies have not yet developed a working immune system, this gives them the boost on life and prevents many deaths. And of course I continue to use it several times a week on every bird that lives on the property. The birds are bursting with health.

So, long story short, this is the only supplement you need for your birds. AND yourself included.
wink.png

Last edited:
Probiotics, probiotics, probiotics!!!!!!

There is not a better supplement than adding probios to the diet of any animal on the planet. Humans included. 70% of the immune system lies in the GI tract. And this is where nearly all bacteria and pathogens take hold in the body. In the gut. You can boost their systems very easily, and healthily with probiotics. You can use animal grade or even human grade.

There have been studies done by the world wide poultry industry on the use of probiotics in broilers, turkeys and other fowl used for meat and they have found that it nearly knocks out all enteritis's and many many other pathogens to the point of not needing to add antibiotics to their diets. Millions of birds are saved each year because of the use of probiotics.

I start every chick I brood on probios for the first 2 weeks of their lives. Since babies have not yet developed a working immune system, this gives them the boost on life and prevents many deaths. And of course I continue to use it several times a week on every bird that lives on the property. The birds are bursting with health.

So, long story short, this is the only supplement you need for your birds. AND yourself included.
wink.png

X2
goodpost.gif

I haven't gotten my birds yet (Coturnix), but would like to start them off right. If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your Probiotics?

Vickie, there are many products for poultry that contain probiotics...nutri-drench, rooster-booster, pro-vital and even apple cider vinegar contains probiotics. All of these I use and find the added amino acids and essential mineral they contain help the birds as well. However many times I only want to add probiotics and not all the added extras.

This is the main product I use...
http://www.probios.com/powdersgranules1.html

It can be used on all your animals...poultry, dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, etc... I have tried other probiotics and many times they don't care for the taste of it. This stuff is so good that my chickens will eat it right out of my hand! LOL So I am sure the quail don't mind the taste either.

You can mix it in the water or sprinkle directly on the feed. You can dust greens, veggies or fruit or even roll berries in it with it as well for the quail. If you mix it in the water, you will need to change the water and make a fresh batch each day.

The 240 gram lasts quite a long time only adding 1 teaspoon per gallon of water or sprinkled on the feed per day.

Oh...you can also get these on Amazon as well. :)

Last edited:
Vickie, there are many products for poultry that contain probiotics...nutri-drench, rooster-booster, pro-vital and even apple cider vinegar contains probiotics. All of these I use and find the added amino acids and essential mineral they contain help the birds as well. However many times I only want to add probiotics and not all the added extras.

This is the main product I use...
http://www.probios.com/powdersgranules1.html

It can be used on all your animals...poultry, dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, etc... I have tried other probiotics and many times they don't care for the taste of it. This stuff is so good that my chickens will eat it right out of my hand! LOL So I am sure the quail don't mind the taste either.

You can mix it in the water or sprinkle directly on the feed. You can dust greens, veggies or fruit or even roll berries in it with it as well for the quail. If you mix it in the water, you will need to change the water and make a fresh batch each day.

The 240 gram lasts quite a long time only adding 1 teaspoon per gallon of water or sprinkled on the feed per day.

Oh...you can also get these on Amazon as well. :)

A very enthusiastic second on the Probios brand endorsement. I had the five pound container of it for my older dogs, one of whom struggled with digestive issues, and it helped them immensely. I found it in pet stores in small containers and got the five pounder at a feed store. It does go a long way, I couldn't quite use up the five pound container before it would start to cake and that was doing a double dose on one of them with two dosed meals a day each.

Cheers,
Jessie

Back
Top Bottom