Quail hatch. Follow along.

this is all 32 before I candled and got 14 broken eggs

Attachments

• 20230426_111200.jpg
    20230426_111200.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 5
Today is day 10! Halfway through till lockdown. The other eggs are coming a day early which is today! They will be here by noon. The eggs in the incubator are doing well. Humidity is stable and temp is stable. Unfortunately though I did find the cold spot in the incubator as it is 3 degrees below the target. Although it is frustrating it is that far below the target I don't think it will affect them as they turn every hour. I will update and send pics when the other eggs get here.
Wow that's great that they are all doing well. Sometimes what people do when there is a cold spot they get a heating pad for cat beds and put it under the cold spot. That keeps it all safe and warm.

I got good news and bad news. I got the 30 other eggs which is exciting but out of the 30 eggs only 18 were good I got sent 2 extras but they were both cracked so 14 eggs were cracked when I got them. I did order from a hatchery so they will accept replacements.
Sad that so many broke, hopefully the rest hatch with great success.

Today is day 11 for the first batch and day 1 for the second! Everything is going well. There is movement in all 12 of my original eggs. I will candle the second batch on Sunday which will show if there is any growth at all. The hatchery said since there was such a high number of cracked eggs they would send replacements. I thank you guys for following along!

Update!!!! One of the eggs is completely dark like it is ready to hatch. It isn't a rotten egg because I know a rotten egg when I smell one. I could uave swarn I saw it move a little. The only problem is today is day 12 ( just turned day 13 an hour ago).

Update!!!! One of the eggs is completely dark like it is ready to hatch. It isn't a rotten egg because I know a rotten egg when I smell one. I could uave swarn I saw it move a little. The only problem is today is day 12 ( just turned day 13 an hour ago).
Wow they must be developing very well. Once they hit day 10 or so they get dark and that's because their getting bigger and are taking up a little more room each day. Keep watching them to make sure that none go bad.

Back
Top Bottom