Quail After Hawk Attack

silverbird317

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2024
My quail got attacked around the eyes and on the head by a hawk. They’ve stopped bleeding and she doesn’t seem to have any other injuries. She’s really puffed up, and her poop looks sticky and has bubbles in it. She’s also refusing to eat or drink anything. Is there anything I can do to help her?

Here’s a picture of her poop. It’s a bit dried up though
IMG_3200.jpeg

Thank you!

Last edited:
My quail got attacked around the eyes and on the head by a hawk. They’ve stopped bleeding and she doesn’t seem to have any other injuries. She’s really puffed up, and her poop looks sticky and has bubbles in it. She’s also refusing to eat or drink anything. Is there anything I can do to help her?

Here’s a picture of her poop. It’s a bit dried up though
View attachment 3834323

Thank you!
Did you see the Hawk attack how, did it get to your Quail?

Her eye got really swollen after a night. Is there anything that will help, or will heal on its own after some time?

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 10
Her eye got really swollen after a night. Is there anything that will help, or will heal on its own after some time?
Was it damaged by the hawk? What other injuries did she sustain? Try a warm compress or saline rinse twice a day followed by either terramycin or triple antibiotic ointment such as neosporin without pain relief in it. You can get terramycin at TSC usually or other pet supply stores. If you’re able, be sure there is nothing stuck in the eye.

It was damaged by the hawk. There was some yellow pus coming out, so I’ve removed it. Would using Neosporin help?

Back
Top Bottom