Pure Orpington or Sussex Orpington?

Janet Brad

Chirping
Feb 23, 2024
I have a black Orpington rooster over white Orpington hen and ended up with 1 charcoal coloured rooster and 1 much lighter grey. I also got 2 predominantly highly feathered irridescent green black roosters with gold laced, and white feathers. We may have put a couple of Light Sussex eggs under the broody so they may be Orpington Sussex. I'd love to know whether they are 100% Orpington or a mix. Has anyone seen roosters like this? They are about 3 months old in this picture. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who can help.

Attachments

• 20240130_122203.jpg
    20240130_122203.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Glad to meet you, Janet, and welcome to BYC. That is one handsome fella with the iridescent feathers. Best wishes with those birds.

There is actually a forum dedicated to figuring breeds and even genders. Send some good photos there and see if you get a helpful answer. Look at the post "Please Read" to get some helpful tips on taking the photos so people can get a good look at your birds.

I have a black Orpington rooster over white Orpington hen and ended up with 1 charcoal coloured rooster and 1 much lighter grey. I also got 2 predominantly highly feathered irridescent green black roosters with gold laced, and white feathers. We may have put a couple of Light Sussex eggs under the broody so they may be Orpington Sussex. I'd love to know whether they are 100% Orpington or a mix. Has anyone seen roosters like this? They are about 3 months old in this picture. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who can help.
What a handsome fella!!

Back
Top Bottom