Proud Cayuga owners!!!!

Hey everyone!! just dropping by to say that 2 of my ducks have started laying!!
My first girl gave me her first egg on Aug 26th & then nothing till yesterday, the 18th, & the newest egg was this morning! so excited, now I have 2 ducks and 1 chicken laying. I will post up some photos later of them

celebrate.gif

Long time no talk eh??
This afternoon I put 7 fresh cayuga eggs in the bator & 3 that were a bit older & in colder temps(experiment)

It's my first attempt at incubating eggs. Anyone want to share their experience with their first time incubating cayuga eggs??

Last edited:
Last night I had pictures and comments posted and then my computer shut down...
he.gif

I have to go put some laundry away now and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet - but I'll be back because we are totally in love with our Cayugas!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Soo great news. Out of the 10 Cayuga eggs I put in the bator,11 days ago, 8 are moving along wonderfully. The two duds were from the 3 I took out of the fridge for a "let's see if it works" & 1 has been!
wee.gif

KellyPepperK are you going to post your babies? Would love to see them
smile.png

Inthesticks - I can't wait to hear how your incubating turns out! Our 7 year old has asked for only one thing for her birthday - an incubator! So, as I said we are totally in love with our Cayugas. We live in the Catskill Mtns. in Upstate NY and boy does it get cold! My husband was very deliberate in choosing what breeds we would order for both ducks and chickens. The ironic part is that I grew up in the Finger Lakes right on CAYUGA LAKE where they originated!! We never heard of these beautiful critters before now. So, having given you a bit of our back story without further ado here are a few of our babies:

And speaking of babies... almost 1 month old. We were astounded at how quickly they grew!

One of our boys - they have such huge heads! This may be the one we call Big Head.

And this is Moon. Due to an unfortunate roll of the die and one death just out of the packer box, Moon is our only Cayuga girl. But, she is by far the pack leader of all 9 ducks! She's a demure little trouble maker!

and our other girls... Emma holding Moon and Lucky (the spoiled toeless chicken)

Like I said... we love our critters!

Inthesticks - I can't wait to hear how your incubating turns out! Our 7 year old has asked for only one thing for her birthday - an incubator! So, as I said we are totally in love with our Cayugas. We live in the Catskill Mtns. in Upstate NY and boy does it get cold! My husband was very deliberate in choosing what breeds we would order for both ducks and chickens. The ironic part is that I grew up in the Finger Lakes right on CAYUGA LAKE where they originated!! We never heard of these beautiful critters before now. So, having given you a bit of our back story without further ado here are a few of our babies:

And speaking of babies... almost 1 month old. We were astounded at how quickly they grew!

One of our boys - they have such huge heads! This may be the one we call Big Head.

And this is Moon. Due to an unfortunate roll of the die and one death just out of the packer box, Moon is our only Cayuga girl. But, she is by far the pack leader of all 9 ducks! She's a demure little trouble maker!

and our other girls... Emma holding Moon and Lucky (the spoiled toeless chicken)

Like I said... we love our critters!

AWWW 'Big head' looks like my Beast! He has the same silly big head that's extra round love it! That's a lot of boys! Has she started laying yet?

Back
Top Bottom