Prolapse and bullying

lwolsin

Chirping
May 17, 2023
My sweet girl buttercup has been laying large then usual eggs the past few weeks. Because of this she has gotten a small prolapse. I have been spraying her daily with Vetericyn and she was doing well but now I’m noticing she is being bullied!! Poor thing is getting pecked like crazy on her backsides which is stressing her out and prolonging her healing. Any advice on what to do? I’m now spraying the pecked areas too but I can’t pin who is doing it.

Attachments

• IMG_8641.jpeg
    IMG_8641.jpeg
    601 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8643.jpeg
    IMG_8643.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 2
My sweet girl buttercup has been laying large then usual eggs the past few weeks. Because of this she has gotten a small prolapse. I have been spraying her daily with Vetericyn and she was doing well but now I’m noticing she is being bullied!! Poor thing is getting pecked like crazy on her backsides which is stressing her out and prolonging her healing. Any advice on what to do? I’m now spraying the pecked areas too but I can’t pin who is doing it.
you can order or make chicken saddles. How much space are your chickens in? Sometimes keeping a lot of birds in a small space can initiate bullying..

Also maybe try taking a look at your rooster to hen ratio, and invite some of your roosters to dinner.

you can order or make chicken saddles. How much space are your chickens in? Sometimes keeping a lot of birds in a small space can initiate bullying..

Also maybe try taking a look at your rooster to hen ratio, and invite some of your roosters to dinner.
Thank you I will look into a saddle. We went bigger on our coop and run we only have 9 chickens and it’s rated for up to 16 plus they get let out at sun up into two very large fenced and covered yards. She is definitely toward the bottom of the pecking order 😞oh and no roosters here thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom