Presto Pizzazz Pizza oven

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
thinking about getting one from Wal Mart. Needed a pizza oven rather than heating up my oven.

How do you like it?

Pros and cons?

How long does it take to cook it? Does it cook the way you like it?

pop.gif

I love pizza, we do have to heat the big ol'oven.

Yes, get it! I love the crust and they are done way faster. The only con is that you might put on some weight from eating pizza a lot more often.

I use pizza stone from pampered chef in the oven. I have two they are the best.

I have a small toaster oven and I will put some things in and I do like some things toaster.

So many kitchen things I want I don't have room for them all.

Quote:
Hi , can you please tell me the correct way to use a pizza stone? I have 2 made by phalzcraft (sp)? do you put the pizza on it & then stick it in the oven, or do you preheat the stone in the oven then put the pizza on it? I don't have a clue
hu.gif
....all i am doing with it is using it for a pizza cutting board!
roll.png
need some guidance thanks!

Quote:
Hi , can you please tell me the correct way to use a pizza stone? I have 2 made by phalzcraft (sp)? do you put the pizza on it & then stick it in the oven, or do you preheat the stone in the oven then put the pizza on it? I don't have a clue
hu.gif
roll.png

I am not sure if they are the same but mine looks like this.....mine does not have the handles on it but basically the same....nice and seasoned now though.

You don't use soap on mine....like cast iron because that taste will get into the stone as it is used it gets more seasoned. I use mine to bake cookies on they don't stick it works really well, biscuits, pizza, any bread product. You also don't want to use non stick spray on these cause that stuff bakes on the stone and probably other reasons too.

As far as the pizza I don't preheat the stone, I use a little olive or canola oil rub it all over the top of the surface, then dust with corn meal, then put pizza dough on and roll it out, then put all you toppings on.

You don't have to use the oil and corn meal but my husband likes it.

It bakes in normal time like 30 min at 350 give or take. Sometimes only takes 20 min. My oven runs hotter then it should though.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/orderin...=9&parentCatId=9&outletSubCat=&viewAllOutlet=

Even if you cook a piece of chicken in a stone dish you still don't use soap. Hot water and scrub it out that is it. Sounds bad but we had a demo done by a rep of pampered chef and all the stuff I said here is what she said to us.

Here is another great cleaning tool and I use it on all my pans if needed. It is a must have. I only have one and have had it for several years now if I loose it I am getting more for sure. You get 3 for $2.75.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/orderin...=9&parentCatId=9&outletSubCat=&viewAllOutlet=

Good luck!

I like my homemade Pizza in a large Cast Iron skillet. I make the dough by hand with Garlic and extra virgin Olive Oil. Then add cheese to make a stuffed crust deep dish. The last time I had a visitor while the oven was baking it, they said my house smelled like Pizza Hut. The ingredients vary based upon what’s in the garden/freezer/cupboard. I use a regular electric oven.

I loved my Presto Pizza Pizzazz thingie that my old roommies and I used to have. The only drawback I can see is if you are like me and have at least one kid who doesn't mind for nuttin' and has to stick his or her hands in EVERYTHING, it will burn him/her. It is not something you want curious children to check out. But mmmm makes for the best pizza!

Quote:
hu.gif
roll.png

I am not sure if they are the same but mine looks like this.....mine does not have the handles on it but basically the same....nice and seasoned now though.

You don't use soap on mine....like cast iron because that taste will get into the stone as it is used it gets more seasoned. I use mine to bake cookies on they don't stick it works really well, biscuits, pizza, any bread product. You also don't want to use non stick spray on these cause that stuff bakes on the stone and probably other reasons too.

As far as the pizza I don't preheat the stone, I use a little olive or canola oil rub it all over the top of the surface, then dust with corn meal, then put pizza dough on and roll it out, then put all you toppings on.

You don't have to use the oil and corn meal but my husband likes it.

It bakes in normal time like 30 min at 350 give or take. Sometimes only takes 20 min. My oven runs hotter then it should though.

Even if you cook a piece of chicken in a stone dish you still don't use soap. Hot water and scrub it out that is it. Sounds bad but we had a demo done by a rep of pampered chef and all the stuff I said here is what she said to us.

Here is another great cleaning tool and I use it on all my pans if needed. It is a must have. I only have one and have had it for several years now if I loose it I am getting more for sure. You get 3 for $2.75.

Good luck!

ok, now i know how to use it!!! wow i was way off! heres what mine looks like http://www99.epinions.com/reviews/Pfaltzgraff_Pizza_Stone

Back
Top Bottom