Predators and pests... insurance question?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So...I truly believe that this question should go into the predators and pests questions. lol.

This is an insurance question. Do any of you guys have Progressive Insurance? Or have you had something happen like me?

I just had something weird happen with Progressive. There was this funny message where they want an extra payment before they'll renew the 6 month policy again. But it should be fully paid off for the 6 months. I think they snuck some other payment in there on the back somehow. Is this happening to others with sneaking on something at the end of 6 months? Its supposed to balance zero at the end of the 6 months. And you pay each month until it hits zero...which I have been doing without fail, its actually an autopayment that goes through without fail. So its weird that they think there's still something owed. The payment per month is built on the 6 months divided by 6 into monthly payments, so if there's still something at the end when you've been paying then something doesn't add up.

There shouldn't be stuff left over, unless they are trying to say that office fees or handling fees are taken out of the premium you pay each month. Without you knowing. This seems shady to me.

But maybe other companies are doing it too?

Insurance, like almost everything else, goes up, often. Have you called the company to ask what's going on? And have you checked something like Consumer Reports for ratings on insurance companies? It's helpful!
Does Progressive homeowner's policy (if that's what you have) cover livestock issues (and chickens are livestock!).
Mary

So...I truly believe that this question should go into the predators and pests questions. lol.

This is an insurance question. Do any of you guys have Progressive Insurance? Or have you had something happen like me?

I just had something weird happen with Progressive. There was this funny message where they want an extra payment before they'll renew the 6 month policy again. But it should be fully paid off for the 6 months. I think they snuck some other payment in there on the back somehow. Is this happening to others with sneaking on something at the end of 6 months? Its supposed to balance zero at the end of the 6 months. And you pay each month until it hits zero...which I have been doing without fail, its actually an autopayment that goes through without fail. So its weird that they think there's still something owed. The payment per month is built on the 6 months divided by 6 into monthly payments, so if there's still something at the end when you've been paying then something doesn't add up.

There shouldn't be stuff left over, unless they are trying to say that office fees or handling fees are taken out of the premium you pay each month. Without you knowing. This seems shady to me.

But maybe other companies are doing it too?
We have Progressive and pay every six months. Have never had an issue but I would call them before handing over any more money

That does sound like an odd situation with Progressive. I haven't personally experienced this, but it's definitely worth looking into. It's essential to ensure transparency in insurance billing. If you're feeling uncertain, you might want to contact Progressive's customer service to get a clear breakdown of your payments and any potential additional fees. On a related note, I recently had a positive experience with remco insurance customer service regarding a billing inquiry. They were quite transparent and helped me understand the details. It's always a good idea to clarify any discrepancies directly with the insurance provider.

Back
Top Bottom