Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to feed & water my birds and to my suprise I found 2 eggs this morning. Don't know witch one is the first egg and don't care just glad they are laying. Not bad at 17 weeks and 2days old. 2 eggs from 21 hens looks like I'm in for alot of eggs in the future Pura Vida Matoe
25341_dsc01423.jpg

we're so excited to see our first egg.

22404_dsc_0284.jpg

we think the culprit was LUCY. first egg from the bunch at 23 weeks old. we were getting worried it was never going to come.

22404_dsc_0274.jpg

TGP at it again!

congrats to all new EGG receivers!!!!!!
big_smile.png

wondering where most of you have found your eggs. (in the nest?)

lucky are those to get them prior to 20 weeks...

we've been waiting patiently. today someone was in the nest but decided to leave the egg outside to coop for us. will this become a daily egg hunt for us?

now that one has started laying we're wondering when the others will lay. perhaps after their comb has grown?

can anyone help?

thanks, TGP

Here's our first egg (it's the small one on the left):
DSCI0101.jpg

Here it is where we found it by the fake glass eggs in the nest box:
DSCI0050.jpg

Here it is in my husband's hand:
DSCI0084.jpg

Here is Pixie, the lovely 19.5 week old Barred Rock who laid it:
DSCI0048.jpg

My first egg(s). Found two by the water bucket this afternoon. Don't know which of the 8 Red Sex Link crosses did the job. By my count they are 16 weeks old. The one in the center is store bought, large size.

29640_hpim0080.jpg

Check out my coop page at:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=29640-hersheys-coop

Hershey, my family Black Lab by the way, passed away last weekend at 11 years 2 months of age.

I got my first egg this morning! We've had our girls for 8 weeks (they were bought as "point of lay") and it is a beautiful brown speckled egg!

3799867688_4b3cfd06ba.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom