Poop check

nnheacox

In the Brooder
May 11, 2024
One of my 4ish week old chicks just dropped this on me. Does it look normal? Or am I seeing bloody mucus? This is the only one out of 5 purchased nearly a month ago that has lived. It’s currently eating, drinking, and acting normal.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.jpeg
    IMG_4771.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 16
I'd say it look as a bit of intestional lining. They do shed small bits from time to time. I blew up the pic and that's what it looks like to me. She's not lethargic or sleeping most of the time, showing no symptoms. If she were mine I'd keep a eye on her. If you see actual Red blood then I would think differently. But I thinks she is just shedding linning. Hope this helps you. Best wishes.

I'd say it look as a bit of intestional lining. They do shed small bits from time to time. I blew up the pic and that's what it looks like to me. She's not lethargic or sleeping most of the time, showing no symptoms. If she were mine I'd keep a eye on her. If you see actual Red blood then I would think differently. But I thinks she is just shedding linning. Hope this helps you. Best wishes.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom