Vanessa Elle

Chirping
Jun 13, 2020
OK yall so we have 6 chickens, all raised together with ample room. Eagle which is the Polish is getting more of her crest, I noticed yesterday she had a "bald spot" and today it's even bigger. I don't know if this is from other plucking her feathers or if it's new feathers coming in. If they are pecking her, what can I do about it?
4999.jpeg
5001.jpeg

Unless you see the other chickens picking on her, don't worry too much. But do be careful and vigilant. I had a polish, and the other chickens just absolutely hated her puffy head. They would constantly tear her feathers out and bully her. But it was always very obvious. They would be visibly aggressive, and she would have small scratches and pecks with a bit of blood. The spot on your's head is very even and clean, so it's just feathers growing.

That's normal, all three of my polish chickens had that. it shows that they are growing feathers on their heads like in this photo.
If you want to see more photos of my chickens, you can visit my Instagram pet_chickens123

Attachments

• IMG_3950.JPG
    IMG_3950.JPG
    368.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom