Please help :( my pet chick has been limping

Nona_1808

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2022
This is my pet chick Soufflé, a salmon faverolle…
I’ve been taking of all my chicks equally, never dropped them and always made sure they ate and drank enough. She does have 3 sisters from different mothers but she was never bullied or messed with… all google will tell me she could have a foot blister (but I cant see any on the foot she limps) or lacks nutrients which I can rlly say I’ve been making sure shes a healthy girl. I had just noticed her limping last week…I just thought (out of me being scared) maybe its her 5 toes shes getting used to, maybe feathers but im freaking out cuz I dont know if id have enough money to get her checked up if it’s serious… ;-;

Attachments

• 8D9EF8CE-BC57-4C05-94F0-EBABD72AEC8A.jpeg
    8D9EF8CE-BC57-4C05-94F0-EBABD72AEC8A.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 8
I’ve been taking of all my chicks equally, never dropped them and always made sure they ate and drank enough. She does have 3 sisters from different mothers but she was never bullied or messed with… all google will tell me she could have a foot blister (but I cant see any on the foot she limps) or lacks nutrients which I can rlly say I’ve been making sure shes a healthy girl. I had just noticed her limping last week…I just thought (out of me being scared) maybe its her 5 toes shes getting used to, maybe feathers but im freaking out cuz I dont know if id have enough money to get her checked up if it’s serious… ;-;
Is the toe on her left foot always bent, like in the picture?

Because she has five toes, give both her nails that never touch the ground a very slight trim. Be very gentle and have a towel or tissue on hand in case the nail bleeds. If you are doing it by yourself, wrap her in a towel this will prevent her from flapping. This needs to be done occasionally, as without anything scaping against it each day, it will not naturally wear down.

Could you get another couple of photos, one from the side and one of the front?

Attachments

• 81F4B9DC-3D6D-4ED5-B812-C2EF07E322FA.jpeg
    81F4B9DC-3D6D-4ED5-B812-C2EF07E322FA.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 2
  • A80EAFA5-0943-4F0C-A689-E1BA596B2FEE.jpeg
    A80EAFA5-0943-4F0C-A689-E1BA596B2FEE.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 4A8E225D-986E-42E8-AA02-10119A7435C8.jpeg
    4A8E225D-986E-42E8-AA02-10119A7435C8.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 1

Because she has five toes, give both her nails that never touch the ground a very slight trim. Be very gentle and have a towel or tissue on hand in case the nail bleeds. If you are doing it by yourself, wrap her in a towel this will prevent her from flapping. This needs to be done occasionally, as without anything scaping against it each day, it will not naturally wear down.
I think so, its making me paranoid but im hoping its the nail. I’ll probably will end up calling kahoots to see. But if anything ill give the nail clippings a shot. Thankfully I have my mom to help me

Could you get another couple of photos, one from the side and one of the front?

Attachments

• 3FC81BE5-49CB-4940-97C5-F110F7EBAC8B.jpeg
    3FC81BE5-49CB-4940-97C5-F110F7EBAC8B.jpeg
    761.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom