Please help duckling feet won't un curl

kgroover

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
Ct
I had 4 pekin ducklings hatch 24 hrs ago and one duckling has his foot curled under, and he's walking pretty much on his leg. What can I do to help him, please any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank u

Hi I see your concern. I have raised many ducks and in some occasions I see this happen. It it caused in my opinion by the growing position in the egg. I will give it a few days to see if it gradually corrects itself. If not I used to gently massage the foot slowly and try uncurling the foot. Like physio I guess. I have made homemade braces from pipe cleaners before at it helped straighten things out.

Here is a link if you are really dedicated to helping the little fella out...Farming Friends » Curled Toes On Newly Hatched Ducklings Give this link a shot or do the google thing... Best of luck. I will keep an eye on progress reports.... chin up.

Hi I see your concern. I have raised many ducks and in some occasions I see this happen. It it caused in my opinion by the growing position in the egg. I will give it a few days to see if it gradually corrects itself. If not I used to gently massage the foot slowly and try uncurling the foot. Like physio I guess. I have made homemade braces from pipe cleaners before at it helped straighten things out.

Here is a link if you are really dedicated to helping the little fella out...Farming Friends » Curled Toes On Newly Hatched Ducklings Give this link a shot or do the google thing... Best of luck. I will keep an eye on progress reports.... chin up.
That's good info. Here's another link:
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Hi I see your concern. I have raised many ducks and in some occasions I see this happen. It it caused in my opinion by the growing position in the egg. I will give it a few days to see if it gradually corrects itself. If not I used to gently massage the foot slowly and try uncurling the foot. Like physio I guess. I have made homemade braces from pipe cleaners before at it helped straighten things out. Here is a link if you are really dedicated to helping the little fella out...Farming Friends » Curled Toes On Newly Hatched Ducklings Give this link a shot or do the google thing... Best of luck. I will keep an eye on progress reports.... chin up.
Thank u so much for ur advice, I will def try everything to help him.

Back
Top Bottom