Please be a hen!!

NewMama24

In the Brooder
May 20, 2024
This beauty is suppose to be an EE. Praying its a girl but it's the first one out of 11 with a pea comb at a little over 4 weeks old. Non aggressive, quiet and pretty calm when we pick it up. Does anyone have a EE hen similiar to this coloring?

Attachments

• 20240519_182036.jpg
    20240519_182036.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240519_182032.jpg
    20240519_182032.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 16
Thank you all that responded! We aren't allowed to have any roosters where we live but we may have to somehow figure out how to keep this one.
I agree with the others. It looks like a cockerel. I'm so sorry!

I hope you are able to figure it out. I have a friend who has a rooster but she isn't allowed to have them were she lives. She takes him into her basement in at night and lets him out later in the morning so he doesn't bother anyone with his crowing.

That's a cockerel

This beauty is suppose to be an EE. Praying its a girl but it's the first one out of 11 with a pea comb at a little over 4 weeks old. Non aggressive, quiet and pretty calm when we pick it up. Does anyone have a EE hen similiar to this coloring?
Agree with the others. Little cockerel. I know how you feel. My first batch of chicks, 5 of the 6 were cockerels! But they were also the sweetest things. Found them a great home and the new owners would always send me pics as they grew.

Thank you all that responded! We aren't allowed to have any roosters where we live but we may have to somehow figure out how to keep this one.
It is hard when they are sweet, i cant have cockerels/roosters either. My first hatch i did 4 out of 6 were cockerels and one passed before i knew but they all found good homes and i get updates about them

Back
Top Bottom