Pipd's Peeps!

Oh gosh, I totally understand on the cockerel situation, if they will actually show up would be great, but sheesh, shouldn't they check their messages a bit better when they know they are waiting on a response? I hope they will actually show up Monday 😬

I think I've decided that I'm not going to bother with this person anymore. I don't know, something feels off about the whole thing and I'm kinda tired of being jerked around anyway. :hmm

Ooh, yeah studying ecology does sound interesting, I really don't know anything about the job side but that makes sense it's not too exciting. Dental hygiene will be a solid career, you don't have to talk much either to the people 😄 low stress is worth a lot, I just left an insanely high stress job a few months ago and I feel so much better! It took about 2 months to start feeling more like "myself" I had spent over 2 years under more stress than I should have allowed myself to get into. It was a great learning experience, but not something I want to ever go through again. So huge cheers to you for putting in the time to find a career path that will be a good fit for you :highfive: lol, I would LOVE to talk chicken genetics with my dental hygienist, I might actually want to go to the dentist then 🤣

Yeah, with the amount of anxiety I feel on a daily basis even when I am not doing anything overly stressful in general, I kind of knew that I'd never make it in a high-stress work environment, so that kind of ruled out a lot of things immediately. I'm glad you were able to get away from the high-stress job you were in and hope you're doing well wherever you've moved on to :hugs

I really hope this works out for me. I'm a worrier, so right now the worry (beyond not getting in in the first place, of course!) is about the many ways I might end up screwing up my chances over the next few years in school and then what will I do?! 😵‍💫 I historically have done fine academically so I have no reason to believe I'll flunk out or anything, but of course anxiety says 'what if I do anyway?' and then the thoughts go spiraling into the worst case scenarios and... Yeah, it's a lot living in this brain. 😅

I could see myself getting into trouble talking chickens for too long if any of my patients are into them as well 🤣 Hard to clean teeth if you're too busy chatting about what your birds did this week or the chicks you're getting next month or whatever!

In other news, we have TWO, count 'em, TWO air-breathers this morning!! :wee

1714830467286.png
1714830490133.png

...Which means I probably should actually get the baby brooder up and running for them today :oops:

Also, y'all know me, I peeked at the broodies' eggs last night. 🤐 But it looks like both of them have 5 out of their 6 eggs developing! :yesss: I'm not surprised in the least with the Blue girl, she's been on top of things with her brood, covering them well, and taking care of herself just fine. That Splash girl, however, has been all over the darn place and I was sure half her eggs wouldn't develop because she kept pushing them out from under her butt in the back or letting them stick out in the front at first. She seems to have things figured out now, so hopefully her brood will make it to hatch just fine. :fl

View attachment 3820708View attachment 3820709

...Which means I probably should actually get the baby brooder up and running for them today :oops:

Also, y'all know me, I peeked at the broodies' eggs last night. 🤐 But it looks like both of them have 5 out of their 6 eggs developing! :yesss: I'm not surprised in the least with the Blue girl, she's been on top of things with her brood, covering them well, and taking care of herself just fine. That Splash girl, however, has been all over the darn place and I was sure half her eggs wouldn't develop because she kept pushing them out from under her butt in the back or letting them stick out in the front at first. She seems to have things figured out now, so hopefully her brood will make it to hatch just fine. :fl
Oooh! Breathers! And that's a great grow rate under the broodies too, you are going to he swimming in floofs! Hehe!

Lol, so you wait for the day of to scramble and get a brooder ready too? I can't say I've ever been ready before the first pip 🤣

I think I've decided that I'm not going to bother with this person anymore. I don't know, something feels off about the whole thing and I'm kinda tired of being jerked around anyway. :hmm

Yeah, with the amount of anxiety I feel on a daily basis even when I am not doing anything overly stressful in general, I kind of knew that I'd never make it in a high-stress work environment, so that kind of ruled out a lot of things immediately. I'm glad you were able to get away from the high-stress job you were in and hope you're doing well wherever you've moved on to :hugs

I really hope this works out for me. I'm a worrier, so right now the worry (beyond not getting in in the first place, of course!) is about the many ways I might end up screwing up my chances over the next few years in school and then what will I do?! 😵‍💫 I historically have done fine academically so I have no reason to believe I'll flunk out or anything, but of course anxiety says 'what if I do anyway?' and then the thoughts go spiraling into the worst case scenarios and... Yeah, it's a lot living in this brain. 😅

I could see myself getting into trouble talking chickens for too long if any of my patients are into them as well 🤣 Hard to clean teeth if you're too busy chatting about what your birds did this week or the chicks you're getting next month or whatever!
Yeah, less stress to just put them on a "do not sell to" list and move on.

Anxiety is paralyzing, but the good news is, things rarely turn out even a fraction as bad as our minds can imagine! I'm much better than I was but I still have some things that just set me off. I agree, you will do awesome academically! So don't believe your worry-thoughts on that front. And, you're going to be a great hygienist. I'm cheering for you, we'll just do a years long hatch-a-long for your incubation through college, until you hatch on graduation day 😃

Easter Eggs Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins

View attachment 3820708View attachment 3820709

Woot! hatching!

I would get a phone# and call but I'm old and that's how we did things. If they can't check their messages or know their phone has issues getting messages and they don't make the effort they are just not that interested in getting the cockerels.

Anxiety is hared to be best. All that worry is hard to ignore till it subsidies. I quit alot of things because of social anxiety. It's gotten better but it's taken alot of learning to let stuff go that really doesn't matter in the long run.

Dental hygienist can be just as demanding. I have three friends that do this and office politics were kinda brutal where they worked. The best thing was two of them lived were they had choice of offices to work. The one that didn't ended up looking for work in a different field altogether. Just be picky who you decide to work for.

Oooh! Breathers! And that's a great grow rate under the broodies too, you are going to he swimming in floofs! Hehe!

Lol, so you wait for the day of to scramble and get a brooder ready too? I can't say I've ever been ready before the first pip 🤣

Occasionally I get crazy and put up the brooder in advance 🤣 It is up and running now, which is fortunate because we've got two early birds that have popped out a day ahead of schedule :th

Woot! hatching!

I would get a phone# and call but I'm old and that's how we did things. If they can't check their messages or know their phone has issues getting messages and they don't make the effort they are just not that interested in getting the cockerels.

Oh, that's for sure a me problem, I hate giving my phone number out on sales postings like that :oops: The funny thing is, every message had 'sent from my iphone whatever-model' at the end, so like... I feel like they should have gotten the messages just as easily as they would have gotten texts or phone calls :confused:

Anxiety is hared to be best. All that worry is hard to ignore till it subsidies. I quit alot of things because of social anxiety. It's gotten better but it's taken alot of learning to let stuff go that really doesn't matter in the long run.

Oof, yes, the social anxiety is definitely what holds me back the most. If I'm inactive here on BYC for very long it's usually because of social anxiety messing with me. I get very in my head about posts sometimes. :oops:

Dental hygienist can be just as demanding. I have three friends that do this and office politics were kinda brutal where they worked. The best thing was two of them lived were they had choice of offices to work. The one that didn't ended up looking for work in a different field altogether. Just be picky who you decide to work for.

I feel like office politics are an issue to an extent anywhere you work (unless you work alone or are 'the boss' or something), at least that's what it has felt like for me. 😅 I fortunately am in an area where I would have my choice of dental offices to work at, so I'll definitely remember that if I feel like the climate of one office is becoming a problem!

As mentioned above, two early birds! This is day 20 and I think I even set them later in the day on day 0, so they're a bit ahead of schedule :jumpy Looks like a Splash and a Blue

1714863309870.png

We're up to 4 air-breathers and just waiting on one egg to pip. I'm a little bit concerned about that one because when I candled it before all the pipping started, it was drawing down but in an odd shape. I'm a bit worried it might be malpositioned or something... But there isn't much I can do about that but hope it manages to pip on its own :fl

Soooooo I did some renovation of the outdoor brooder. I figured the chicks didn't move because it was too dark in it. I split it in two, sectioned up the top so I could access both sides and added lights.

1000005870.jpg

1000005871.jpg

Moved the fully feathered ones out to it and already they were more comfortable and exploring.

And Dr. Girlfriend with her chicks on one side of the brooder in the garage. It's getting hot so I'm going to have to start moving all brooding outside. I need to get a splitter for the extention cord so I can set up a brood plate or the grow light I've been useing for heat.

1000005872.jpg

1000005873.jpg

1000005875.jpg

Oooh, nice work! You might be right, they don't tend to see super well in the dark so having some light in there probably helps!

And Dr. Girlfriend is adorable with her babies! :love

I've got 6 newbies as of this morning! All banded and moved to the brooder to start gaining their land legs. 🤭

Baby number 7, the one I was concerned was malpositioned, ended up quitting overnight. 🙁 I went ahead and opened the end of the egg up just to see if my suspicions were correct and no, it looked like the little one was positioned fine. That egg was a bit skinnier than the rest of them, so all I can figure is that it didn't have the room to move like it needed to and couldn't externally pip. Wish I had put an air hole in it last night, but I was pretty sure at the time that that wouldn't do anything to help. Oh, well.

Anyway, here are our newbies! :love I ended up with 4 Splash and 2 Blue.

These are the two that hatched yesterday; I popped them out of the incubator last night and moved them to the brooder for the night:

1714915820497.png

1714915894672.png

Not long after I moved them, this little one hatched. Seconds old and already in its rebellious stage with that hairdo 🤭

1714915995478.png
1714916026933.png

Here are all four that hatched last night. Ugh, such cuties!! :love

1714916138450.png
1714916168613.png

We're all moved to the baby brooder now to start getting our legs underneath us. 🥰

Oooh, nice work! You might be right, they don't tend to see super well in the dark so having some light in there probably helps!

And Dr. Girlfriend is adorable with her babies! :love

I've got 6 newbies as of this morning! All banded and moved to the brooder to start gaining their land legs. 🤭

Baby number 7, the one I was concerned was malpositioned, ended up quitting overnight. 🙁 I went ahead and opened the end of the egg up just to see if my suspicions were correct and no, it looked like the little one was positioned fine. That egg was a bit skinnier than the rest of them, so all I can figure is that it didn't have the room to move like it needed to and couldn't externally pip. Wish I had put an air hole in it last night, but I was pretty sure at the time that that wouldn't do anything to help. Oh, well.

Anyway, here are our newbies! :love I ended up with 4 Splash and 2 Blue.

These are the two that hatched yesterday; I popped them out of the incubator last night and moved them to the brooder for the night:

View attachment 3821715
View attachment 3821716

Not long after I moved them, this little one hatched. Seconds old and already in its rebellious stage with that hairdo 🤭

View attachment 3821718View attachment 3821719

Here are all four that hatched last night. Ugh, such cuties!! :love

View attachment 3821722View attachment 3821723

We're all moved to the baby brooder now to start getting our legs underneath us. 🥰
Oh my goodness they are ADORABLE! Love the Rebel chick too 🤣

Congratulations on the new chicks!

Back
Top Bottom