Pipd's Peeps!

Yeah, I will be applying the subtraction part of chicken math in the next week or two, and then again later in the fall with the cockerels that don't make the cut here. It's just holding off on the addition part of it that's tough. šŸ¤£

I just got in from taking pictures but I just realized I never took any of Buzz for his monthly so I've got to go back out there šŸ˜© Pictures coming very soon, though!

Buzz will stay as long as he behaves. I have a strict rule that I don't keep aggressive roosters because my niece and nephew are around them all the time. So far so good, but if that changes, he's got to go. Same goes for the rest of the boys, too, of course. :)

Anyway, here are the kiddos at about 4 months old!! :love These silkied Cochins are getting to be SO ROUND!! They are such sweet birds, even the boys (though Gus has his moments of sassiness, the stinker)! I love this bunch'a feather dusters! šŸ˜

Buzzy, who was unsure about me following him around for his picture:

Buzz.jpg

Dandy Dandelion ā¤

Dandelion.jpg

Gus-Gus

Gus.jpg

Myrtle, who is the roundest of the round šŸ˜

Myrtle.jpg

And my girl Zinnia, who was all up in my business while I was taking everyone else's pictures, so this was actually all I got of her :p

Zinnia.jpg

Some extras; here's Dandy being a cutie :love

Dandy cutie.jpg

Gus trying to figure out what the camera lens was šŸ¤£

Gus curious.jpg

Myrtle getting ready to dust bathe right next to me, because, you know, everyone loves dirt thrown at them. :rolleyes:

Myrtle dust bath.jpg

Myrtie again--look at this fluff butt!! šŸ˜

Myrtle fluff butt.jpg

To be fair, though, they all have pretty impressive fluff butts. šŸ˜ Left to right, this is Zinni, Dandy, Gus-Gus, and Myrtle. ā¤

fluff butt squad.jpg

And while I was out, I grabbed a few pictures of the other birds. It's a pretty hot day, so they were hanging out at the watering hole, the puddle by the spigot. This is Cazzie Cochin (large fowl Blue Cochin), Reinette (Wheaten Marans), Roha (Exchequer Leghorn, she's kind of hiding behind Reinette), Raven (Gold-Laced Wyandotte), and Nadine (Black Copper Marans).

watering hole.jpg

Fifi floofy bird ā¤ She couldn't decide if she was going to come over or squat :p

Fifi.jpg

Ganymede, waiting her turn at the watering hole

Ganymede.jpg

Myrna (Silver Gray Dorking), being BROODY :rant

Myrna broody.jpg

Mavis (Mh Birchen Marans), getting ready to lay her egg at the back corner under the nest boxes šŸ˜© Looks like someone else is laying back there, too!

Mavis nesting under the nests.jpg

Vivienne, Black Marans, who is also broody. :rolleyes: You can ALMOST see the halo over her head in this picture.

Vivi innocent.jpg

My old Barred Rock girl Freema ā¤

Freema.jpg

Lastly, a lovely picture of She Who the Partridge Plymouth Rock šŸ˜

She Who Sleeps Standing Up.jpg

Buzz will stay as long as he behaves. I have a strict rule that I don't keep aggressive roosters because my niece and nephew are around them all the time. So far so good, but if that changes, he's got to go. Same goes for the rest of the boys, too, of course. :)

Anyway, here are the kiddos at about 4 months old!! :love These silkied Cochins are getting to be SO ROUND!! They are such sweet birds, even the boys (though Gus has his moments of sassiness, the stinker)! I love this bunch'a feather dusters! šŸ˜

Buzzy, who was unsure about me following him around for his picture:

View attachment 2290541

Dandy Dandelion ā¤

View attachment 2290542

Gus-Gus

View attachment 2290546

Myrtle, who is the roundest of the round šŸ˜

View attachment 2290549

And my girl Zinnia, who was all up in my business while I was taking everyone else's pictures, so this was actually all I got of her :p

View attachment 2290550

Some extras; here's Dandy being a cutie :love

View attachment 2290543

Gus trying to figure out what the camera lens was šŸ¤£

View attachment 2290545

Myrtle getting ready to dust bathe right next to me, because, you know, everyone loves dirt thrown at them. :rolleyes:

View attachment 2290547

Myrtie again--look at this fluff butt!! šŸ˜

View attachment 2290548

To be fair, though, they all have pretty impressive fluff butts. šŸ˜ Left to right, this is Zinni, Dandy, Gus-Gus, and Myrtle. ā¤

View attachment 2290544

And while I was out, I grabbed a few pictures of the other birds. It's a pretty hot day, so they were hanging out at the watering hole, the puddle by the spigot. This is Cazzie Cochin (large fowl Blue Cochin), Reinette (Wheaten Marans), Roha (Exchequer Leghorn, she's kind of hiding behind Reinette), Raven (Gold-Laced Wyandotte), and Nadine (Black Copper Marans).

View attachment 2290562

Fifi floofy bird ā¤ She couldn't decide if she was going to come over or squat :p

View attachment 2290551

Ganymede, waiting her turn at the watering hole

View attachment 2290553

Myrna (Silver Gray Dorking), being BROODY :rant

View attachment 2290556

Mavis (Mh Birchen Marans), getting ready to lay her egg at the back corner under the nest boxes šŸ˜© Looks like someone else is laying back there, too!

View attachment 2290555

Vivienne, Black Marans, who is also broody. :rolleyes: You can ALMOST see the halo over her head in this picture.

View attachment 2290560

My old Barred Rock girl Freema ā¤

View attachment 2290552

Lastly, a lovely picture of She Who the Partridge Plymouth Rock šŸ˜

View attachment 2290558
Did you enter photos into the calendar contest?

Did you enter photos into the calendar contest?

Nah. I have before, but not for the past few years or so. There's always so much competition for the calendar, and, honestly, my pictures aren't that great compared to a lot of those entries, so I just don't bother anymore. :p

She Who is beautiful and Dandy is adorable!!

Thanks! ā¤ She Who has always been quite the looker in the flock, except when she's molting of course. šŸ˜¬ Her sister, Fancy, is molting now and it is not pretty! :gig

So, after some heavy digging into the genes involved in their background yesterday, and looking them over very closely last night at roost time, I've finally determined that Amaretto, Armada, and Gluttony are, in fact, pullets!! šŸŽ‰ Their behavior this morning when I reintroduced them to their sister, Peanut Butter, and the OEGB babies confirms it. Rather than 3 girls out of 10, I've actually ended up with 6 out of 10 from that hatch!! :celebrate Much better! Here they are reuniting with Peanut Butter this morning:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/457208786940198913/747085464980422776/unknown.png?width=783&height=669

Now I've got to decide if I should list them under straight run (since I didn't know their sex until yesterday) or sexed (since I thought they were cockerels when I actually did the tests) on my chick sexing experiment page šŸ¤”

Back
Top Bottom