Pipd's Peeps!

G1 is finally here, and she looks like a Cochin mix!! :eek: :th Feathered legs but no extra toe!!

IMG_20190419_145430.jpg

Edit: Forgot to add, this would be Cressida's chick by Jasper, I think!

Last edited:
G2 has finally hatched! She woke me up with her, 'I am here!' peeps. :p Another one that's definitely fathered by Winter, this time from Cressida's egg. That fifth toe and snowy white down doesn't lie!

IMG_20190420_042001.jpg

I went ahead and moved G1 and B2 to the baby bin since they're nice and fluffy and B2 kept hopping the divider. :th Now, back to sleep for me!

I took a few cruddy cell phone pictures of the new babies this morning. Man are they chunky little peepers!! And, less than 24 hours old, someone has already climbed onto the EcoGlow and pooped. :barnie I don't even think they're really eating or drinking yet!

But they're cute, right? :p This is, left to right, G1, B2, and G2:

G1 B2 G2 in a row.jpg

I banded G2 and B2 so that I'd be able to tell them apart once G2 is fluffed. Going with their egg labels, B2 has a blue band and G2 has a green band. At less than a full day old, they're already comfortably wearing the bands that I just put on the 3 week old OEGB babies. I'm pretty sure that if the OEGBs didn't have their wing and tail feathers, they'd be about the same size as these new kids! :eek: They're really chunky babies!! Anyway, here are G2 and B2, though you can't see the bands in this shot. :confused:

G2 and B2 silkie mixes.jpg

Not to be left out, here is G1, my li'l Cochin mix. :love This was after about five pictures where she looked REEEEEAL close at the camera lens just as I took the picture. :rolleyes:

G1 cutie.jpg

Now that they're out of the incubator so B2 can't give me a heart attack by jumping over my incubator divider, it's G1's turn to scare me half to death. Here's how she was laying when I sat down by the baby bin. :th

baby's first death scare.jpg

"What?" :rant Little stinker!

baby says what.jpg

I'll have to get them set up in the paper towel studio for 'real' pictures some time today. G2 is fluffing up nicely, so I think they'll be ready by this afternoon. :)

I took a few cruddy cell phone pictures of the new babies this morning. Man are they chunky little peepers!! And, less than 24 hours old, someone has already climbed onto the EcoGlow and pooped. :barnie I don't even think they're really eating or drinking yet!

But they're cute, right? :p This is, left to right, G1, B2, and G2:

View attachment 1745195

I banded G2 and B2 so that I'd be able to tell them apart once G2 is fluffed. Going with their egg labels, B2 has a blue band and G2 has a green band. At less than a full day old, they're already comfortably wearing the bands that I just put on the 3 week old OEGB babies. I'm pretty sure that if the OEGBs didn't have their wing and tail feathers, they'd be about the same size as these new kids! :eek: They're really chunky babies!! Anyway, here are G2 and B2, though you can't see the bands in this shot. :confused:

View attachment 1745197

Not to be left out, here is G1, my li'l Cochin mix. :love This was after about five pictures where she looked REEEEEAL close at the camera lens just as I took the picture. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1745196

Now that they're out of the incubator so B2 can't give me a heart attack by jumping over my incubator divider, it's G1's turn to scare me half to death. Here's how she was laying when I sat down by the baby bin. :th

View attachment 1745194

"What?" :rant Little stinker!

View attachment 1745193

I'll have to get them set up in the paper towel studio for 'real' pictures some time today. G2 is fluffing up nicely, so I think they'll be ready by this afternoon. :)
They are very cute!

Glad you think so, because here's more of them! :p Their first official photo shoot in the paper towel studio. What an active set of peeps they are! It was genuinely hard to get good pictures of them with them darting here and there! Even more so than the OEGB babies! :th

Anyway, we'll go in hatch order, which also happens to be alphabetical / numerical order, too! Makes it simple! :D

First up is Baby B2. From Winter over Maggie:

B2.jpg

Oh, BOY, that's quite a lot of comb for a day-old chick! :eek:

B2 close up.jpg

B2 comb.jpg

Next up, Baby G1. Jasper is *probably* the father, but Cressida is definitely the mother. The only other possibility for being this little one's father is Roscoe, who was with them for about a day before I gave up and switched to Winter due to time constraints for collecting the eggs. I lean toward Jasper because he's black mottled, while Roscoe is red. Of course, with the mixed up Easter-egger genes from her mother, who knows?

G1.jpg

Pretty sure this baby is blue! :yesss: She'd get that from her mother.

G1 behind.jpg

She also gets her fabulous beard from her mama. :love

G1 close up.jpg

Finally, Baby G2. This little one is from Winter over Cressida. She was still a bit matted when I took these pictures, but fluffing up nicely. :)

G2.jpg

Still working on getting those land legs under her. :p

G2 resting.jpg

I guess she was in no mood for the photo shoot. :oops:

G2 close up.jpg

Y'all, I tried SO hard to get a nice group picture of these little ones like I did with the OEGBs. There just was no way it was happening with them squirming and rushing the camera lens and getting distracted by every little thing! :barnie But it did make for a lot of cute shots of them together, like their little snuggle time. :love

Snuggle pile.jpg

These two were probably the best group shots I was able to get out of what was probably 30 or more pictures. :th

Group shot.jpg
peeps in a row.jpg

Most of them were pretty similar to this one. I had to share it, though, because between G2's li'l wings and G1's face in the back, I just couldn't stop laughing at this shot. :lol:

comin through.jpg

Glad you think so, because here's more of them! :p Their first official photo shoot in the paper towel studio. What an active set of peeps they are! It was genuinely hard to get good pictures of them with them darting here and there! Even more so than the OEGB babies! :th

Anyway, we'll go in hatch order, which also happens to be alphabetical / numerical order, too! Makes it simple! :D

First up is Baby B2. From Winter over Maggie:

View attachment 1745653

Oh, BOY, that's quite a lot of comb for a day-old chick! :eek:

View attachment 1745651
View attachment 1745652

Next up, Baby G1. Jasper is *probably* the father, but Cressida is definitely the mother. The only other possibility for being this little one's father is Roscoe, who was with them for about a day before I gave up and switched to Winter due to time constraints for collecting the eggs. I lean toward Jasper because he's black mottled, while Roscoe is red. Of course, with the mixed up Easter-egger genes from her mother, who knows?

View attachment 1745657

Pretty sure this baby is blue! :yesss: She'd get that from her mother.

View attachment 1745655

She also gets her fabulous beard from her mama. :love

View attachment 1745656

Finally, Baby G2. This little one is from Winter over Cressida. She was still a bit matted when I took these pictures, but fluffing up nicely. :)

View attachment 1745660

Still working on getting those land legs under her. :p

View attachment 1745659

I guess she was in no mood for the photo shoot. :oops:

View attachment 1745658

Y'all, I tried SO hard to get a nice group picture of these little ones like I did with the OEGBs. There just was no way it was happening with them squirming and rushing the camera lens and getting distracted by every little thing! :barnie But it did make for a lot of cute shots of them together, like their little snuggle time. :love

View attachment 1745663

These two were probably the best group shots I was able to get out of what was probably 30 or more pictures. :th

View attachment 1745661 View attachment 1745662

Most of them were pretty similar to this one. I had to share it, though, because between G2's li'l wings and G1's face in the back, I just couldn't stop laughing at this shot. :lol:

View attachment 1745654
They are very fluffy!

The pictures are very good too.

Back
Top Bottom