Pipd's Peeps!

They developed faster than expected. It is not a bad thing!

You will have lots of chicks soon!

Definitely! Now that I've done a lot of furious searching on BYC.. :p I believe the eggs that have much larger air cell development like Egg P in that picture are at the stage called 'drawdown'? Anyway, after all the movement and sound this morning, I'm feeling a lot better about it. I was mostly worried about the spots of blood around Egg P's internal pip, but she seems fine for now. :)

Definitely! Now that I've done a lot of furious searching on BYC.. :p I believe the eggs that have much larger air cell development like Egg P in that picture are at the stage called 'drawdown'? Anyway, after all the movement and sound this morning, I'm feeling a lot better about it. I was mostly worried about the spots of blood around Egg P's internal pip, but she seems fine for now. :)
Yes! I also saw an internal pip. Is it possible that the eggs incubated a bit before they were collected? Some breeds and crosses hatch early anyway. 19-21 days is usual and at day 18 you are fine. they will likely hatch between day 19 and 20

We have an air breather!! :wee Egg P is in a hurry to make an appearance!

Egg P day 19 external pip 3-26-19.jpg

Yes! I also saw an internal pip. Is it possible that the eggs incubated a bit before they were collected? Some breeds and crosses hatch early anyway. 19-21 days is usual and at day 18 you are fine. they will likely hatch between day 19 and 20

Nope, not possible at all. Sybil and Winston are still penned inside waiting for the weather to finally get warm and stay warm, so no one else could have been sitting on them, and she's only been sitting on them for a few minutes after laying, tops. Just long enough for a few cute pictures a page or two (edit: or five) back. :love I was expecting them to hatch maybe a bit early just because these eggs are so, so tiny. Definitely was not expecting internal pipping yesterday!

I set the eggs at about 4 pm my time on the 7th, so right now it's technically still day 18, but it's basically day 19 now. It's only about an hour away, anyway. I may be splitting hairs at this point. :p

Last edited:
We have an air breather!! :wee Egg P is in a hurry to make an appearance!

View attachment 1715176

Nope, not possible at all. Sybil and Winston are still penned inside waiting for the weather to finally get warm and stay warm, so no one else could have been sitting on them, and she's only been sitting on them for a few minutes after laying, tops. Just long enough for a few cute pictures a page or two (edit: or five) back. :love I was expecting them to hatch maybe a bit early just because these eggs are so, so tiny. Definitely was not expecting internal pipping yesterday!

I set the eggs at about 4 pm my time on the 7th, so right now it's technically still day 18, but it's basically day 19 now. It's only about an hour away, anyway. I may be splitting hairs at this point. :p
Bantams often hatch early it seems

Last edited:
Egg G is joining the party! :celebrate Just a tiny crack on this one, though--hard to get a clear picture of it!

Egg G day 19 external pip.jpg

Egg P has worked on its pip just a tiny bit, and the shell pieces over Egg B's pip are raised just a little more. Oh, and someone was chatting up a storm, though I'm not entirely sure who! :love Come on, babies!! :fl

Bantams often hatch early is seems

Isn't that just like those contrary li'l stinkers!! :th

Where are those leg bands when you need em...

waiting.gif

They shipped out yesterday! Hopefully, they'll get here tomorrow! :fl

I don't know nuthin' about birthing chickens :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

:gig:gig:gig

Back
Top Bottom