Pipd's Peeps!

So cute! Before my naked neck was introduced to my flock, she enjoyed cuddling with a small mallard duck plush. And me. I really hope Crashie and your other egg make it. He/she is so cute. Nothing better than waking up to the sound of chirping, honking, cackling, wailing... eh, you get my point! :)

They are singing to the mighty glowing egg in the sky, duh :lau

Hopefully he gets a friend, poor little bird :hugs

That sounds eventful! You sure have some great birds.

Haha, well I guess they have to since the rooster boys aren't out with them at the moment! Someone's got to announce the morning, right? :lol:

I do love these birds, no matter how bratty they are sometimes. :rolleyes: They're definitely quite the set...

So cute! Before my naked neck was introduced to my flock, she enjoyed cuddling with a small mallard duck plush. And me. I really hope Crashie and your other egg make it. He/she is so cute. Nothing better than waking up to the sound of chirping, honking, cackling, wailing... eh, you get my point! :)

:fl Me, too. Crashie really needs a friend, preferably an animate one. Precious babies.

As for noises, well, waking up to it on a normal day is one thing, but waking up to it after being up until 2 am... :lol: ...I guess I have no sense of humor when I'm sleep deprived. :D

Well, it looks like Left Bottom has given up the fight. I haven't seen movement in that egg since yesterday evening. It never did fill its egg completely, so I suspect there was more wrong with it than just being a little behind in development. So it's just me and Crashie now. :/

We had an eating lesson this morning, Crashie and I. The topic of discussion was food versus poop. :lol: He doesn't seem to have great vision (yet?), so if he sees anything dark against the paper towels he's on at the moment, he goes for it. I think he finally understands what is food now, though it may be hard for him to distinguish because he has kicked food everywhere in his brooder with his little flipper feet. :rolleyes:

I took some pictures of the little squirt with my good camera this morning. He is so fast and hard to take pictures of!! I finally got a few good ones by fluke, and then gave up and picked him up to hold him still. He has such a serious face in that picture. He hates being picked up because I had to clean his butt up yesterday and he was not fond of the experience.

He's in a pretty pink princess kiddie pool, if you wondered. ;)

His little feetsies. :love

Not happy baby duckie face. "You may put me down now, human."

Now that he's more dry, it's harder to tell that he's a bit wonky. Maybe I was seeing things? But, I mean, don't his eyes look buggy and his beak a bit crooked? He seems really strong, but I'm hesitant to be hopeful about his longevity yet. We'll have fun while he's here, either way. :)

In other news, we may have seen the end of the broody brigade for now! :ya No one was in the nest this morning, and I only heard some half-hearted broody chirps from Rosie while I was out there. I imagine there's an underground effort being put out already, secret meetings and such, you know. But for now, the broody buster is empty! :yesss:

Last edited:
You know that saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice...' Well, you get the rest. :barnie Guess who was on the nest last night! I guess Rosie is NOT done brooding yet. Miss Broody Wyandotte may now be referred to as the Lady Wyandotte again, however. She's still a bit dramatic, but she's staying off the nest. I may have won the battle yesterday, but I definitely didn't win the war on broodies. :mad:

Ah, Crashie, he's a cutie and he knows it. :rolleyes: He's been a bit fickle lately, we'll just say. I had to clean his butt up again yesterday, so he reached a point where he didn't want me to touch him, but he screamed at the top of his lungs if I tried to leave. The little creep!

He has settled down over today and will let me hold him again, although he just randomly starts moving when I hold him and I don't want to drop him. Err, again. :oops: So instead, I try to cup my hand over him while he's in the brooder, or just rub his belly a bit. He's so small, but I think he's grown since he hatched on Friday. He just looks a bit bigger to me.

I have a video of him objecting to me taking a video of him. :lol: But YouTube keeps crashing my computer, so I'll have to find a way to post it later. For now, some Crashie pictures from this morning.

The innocent look, because he knows if he keeps up screaming at me I might go postal. :lol: (Oh, I could never hurt this precious baby! :love )

A side shot. These pictures are a bit of a progression. "She's taking pictures of me again..."

"Easter Chick, make her stop taking pictures of me..."

"...Please stop taking pictures of me?"

See what I mean by fickle? :rolleyes:

I have harp today, so I'm just a bit worried about him at the moment. I haven't been away from the house since he hatched and I've been checking on him frequently to make sure all is well. I think he'll be all right for a couple hours while I'm gone, but I don't want him getting stuck on his back or screaming the entire time or something. My sister has said she'll check on him every once in a while, but, well, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... :lol: Anyway, I guess we'll see.

Well, it's been a lovely day here and I've spent much of it outside with frequent checks on Crashie. I also gave the little guy his first warm water bath in a shallow dish. I don't think he knew what to do. :lol: He would climb into the water and then SHOOT right across the dish and out across the floor! :lol: I guess he needs a bigger tub. A few hours after his bath, I caught him doing the 'ducky dip' in his brooder--that dipping motion that ducks do while bathing in the water, you know? I don't know what he was thinking, but we'll see how he does tomorrow with his bath.

I have no pictures from today! Gasp! But, I have some from yesterday. :D We got Crashie a mirror yesterday while I was out for harp, and his reaction was amazing! He came running out from under the EcoGlow, then stopped half way to the mirror and just stared like, "Hellooo..." :lol: He's been alternatively staring, preening, and pecking at himself in the mirror since.

"Who is this devilishly handsome young duck?"

I just thought this one was cute. His face! :love

Just now, I started to leave the room and he got all upset like he always does. Then, he went quiet. I peeked around the door at him to see what was up, and he was sitting at the mirror, just sitting there. :love That was a good investment.

Nighty-night, Crashie. :love

And from the flock, just a few pictures from last night at roost time. Rosie the broody, guilty as charged! :mad:

Marama the Fayoumi says, "I tried to teach her..." (And that's Tilde's butt if anyone wondered. :lol: )

Margaret the Silkie, because she's just such a sweetie. :love And Ani Wyandotte says, "What am I, chopped liver?"

And I'll finish for the night with this lunatic. Ihi the Campine. She is gently resting her face against Betty's butt. :lol: I have no idea. She straightened out right after I took this picture as if embarrassed. Blackmail fodder. :D

Editing to add, oh yeah! And today was our first time out since I lost Diana a little over a week ago. Everyone is accounted for still and I think we had a safe, happy day of scratching and pecking. :) Gotta run out and get everyone inside for the night now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom