Pigeon Talk

Cavemanrich, Browse Album, page 16, Jan 7, 2021. They look like a Faverolle/ EE cross but the crest throws me.
I'm still unable to find what you are referring to. :idunno
I went to this page 16, but it is from June 2021
Can you post a link to page contents???

image_2021-07-28_012634.png

1627469463990.png

The first one is Sassy, the second Rodessa. I was unable to put both on one page/reply. Maybe Faverolle x Polish? No 5th toe. Hmmmm.
Thank you for your input, Cavemanrich.

My apologies to all for disrupting the pigeon-talk with chicken talk. Thank you for your patience.

Hey folks I have a dilemma. To make a long story short I’ve ended up with three eggs in one nest, one of the eggs is close to a week old and the other two were laid the last two days, and I lost track of which is which. I candled them but they all look the same to me, should I wait longer to see which is the oldest egg and remove it? I don’t want to get rid of all the eggs and make my hen lay again, but I also don’t want to make them go through the stress of raising three squabs of different ages.

Attachments

• A9677F60-3089-4ED3-9CA6-CEE84CC7851C.jpeg
    A9677F60-3089-4ED3-9CA6-CEE84CC7851C.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 4
Hey folks I have a dilemma. To make a long story short I’ve ended up with three eggs in one nest, one of the eggs is close to a week old and the other two were laid the last two days, and I lost track of which is which. I candled them but they all look the same to me, should I wait longer to see which is the oldest egg and remove it? I don’t want to get rid of all the eggs and make my hen lay again, but I also don’t want to make them go through the stress of raising three squabs of different ages.
Not sure what route to suggest dealing with the staggered hatch. The first one hatched will be quite big when the others hatch out. That also translates to limited survival of the secondary hatch-lings. First one will be eating the lions share of crop nutrients from mom and dad. Natures survival of the fittest.
I would candle eggs some more , and then discard the most advanced one,,, so the remaining duo will be of similar/close hatch time.
Second route, would be to determine which egg is most advanced, and take away the other 2. But slip in a plastic with it. You only end up with one squab, but will grow well with the solo feeding.

Back
Top Bottom