Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Sally ( left) Olive middle and Rose on the other side of fence. Sally was fence fighting with Rose when Olive chased Sally off,:highfive: Then started fence fighting with Rose I don't get it:idunno
20231112_144419.jpg

Sally ( left) Olive middle and Rose on the other side of fence. Sally was fence fighting with Rose when Olive chased Sally off,:highfive: Then started fence fighting with Rose I don't get it:idunno
View attachment 3683872
I have a couple of roosters who will fight through the fence, but they don't pay each other any attention when they are on the same side of the fence. Who knows? 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 3683401
Angel my Dominique, who sadly passed away today. I found her today acting sick, and before I could do much she hadn't made it. Not sure what was wrong. 😢
She was my favorite hen, and the most personable one I've ever had. She's been through so much. I can't believe she's gone, it was so sudden and unexpected. 💔
I'll miss you so so much! ❤️ RIP: 2/23/22 - 11/13/23.
So sorry for your loss Dominiques have the best curios personality my barred rock and Dominique are inseparable and love to jump at my hands looking for food and following me everywhere

Sounds about the size I got. I wonder if full size ones are available. Peep and Fae were really small, great flyers. Also became racoon food :(

That looks like a "I don't want to get up" face.

Condolences. Never easy but harder when so young and for unknown reasons.
Haha it really does!

Everyone's flock dynamics are different. For myself we are limited to 5 hens/no roos so if there's a bully in the bunch she's outta here!

I'm pretty old now after a dozen years of backyarding and I'm slowly shifting to all-one breed -- Bearded 2-lb Sikies (no Frizzles, no Showgirls, no Satins) just the plain ol' regular Silkies. Their eggs are the same size as our 5-lb Dominique - small-med.

I love the personality of my Doms but in old age I'm shifting to the smaller Silkies -- easier to pickup and hold, sweet dispositions, even a potential Silkie bully in the bunch can't do harm cuz Silkies are skittish and move fast out of harm's way. They are calm to hold, easier to tame, and most are easy to break out of broodiness. I've had only one determined broody out of 5 but she just took an extra few days to lock out of the nestbox.

I have two more DNA-sexed Silkie chicks on order. Here are our current 3-yr-old Silkies and our 6-yr old Dominique. Hard to get a picture of all 3 of them in one area -- they are constantly moving!

View attachment 3656492
View attachment 3656493
View attachment 3656495
View attachment 3656504
Adorable wee ladies 😊💕

Back
Top Bottom