Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

There's nothing in her coop to play with. She won't even leave the upper deck area that's up high with a ramp. I've placed food in the far end of the coop to get her moving around but nothing. Great suggestion on leaves or grass clippings. I have perfect clean giant leaves from my neighbors' avocado tree. Putting them in there now..... She can't see the other birds yet.... I'll move her around today. Giant thank you.
No grass clippings from..a lawnmower. 🫢

How come?? Oops lol
A couple of things. One being if the lawn has been serviced with chemicals..another gasoline fumes..not sure it would be that bad..but you never know...and this >>
Screenshot_20230728_154223_Chrome.jpg

A couple of things. One being if the lawn has been serviced with chemicals..another gasoline fumes..not sure it would be that bad..but you never know...and this >> View attachment 3591968
Thank you! Luckily I don’t treat my grass and we have an electric mower, but I’m glad I now know it can cause a blockage. I appreciate the info!

She can't see the other birds yet.

This could be part of her problem. Chickens are flock animals. :(

Quarantine is very tricky for backyard chicken keepers. We generally have neither the space nor the facilities for a true quarantine. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...nderestimated-part-of-raising-chickens.67097/

No grass clippings from..a lawnmower. 🫢

There's nothing wrong with grass clippings from a lawnmower unless they are excessively long to the point that they get impacted in the crop. If the lawn is cut frequently so that the clippings are only a couple inches long then they're fine.

A lawnmower that is properly maintained isn't dripping oil on the grass as it's being cut or belching heavy levels of fumes at them (If you're is, you need to have it serviced). :)

After all, hay is also cut by machinery that is lubricated by oil and runs on fossil fuels. :)

This could be part of her problem. Chickens are flock animals. :(

Quarantine is very tricky for backyard chicken keepers. We generally have neither the space nor the facilities for a true quarantine. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...nderestimated-part-of-raising-chickens.67097/

There's nothing wrong with grass clippings from a lawnmower unless they are excessively long to the point that they get impacted in the crop. If the lawn is cut frequently so that the clippings are only a couple inches long then they're fine.

A lawnmower that is properly maintained isn't dripping oil on the grass as it's being cut or belching heavy levels of fumes at them (If you're is, you need to have it serviced). :)

After all, hay is also cut by machinery that is lubricated by oil and runs on fossil fuels. :)
Well said!

Back
Top Bottom