Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

This January pullet (one of my super-dark Blue Australorps), must have jumped into the March chicks' integration pen behind my back when I was changing the water. I couldn't catch her so I left her in there until dark and found her in the middle of the cuddle pile.

IMG_20230413_215304629.jpg

This January pullet (one of my super-dark Blue Australorps), must have jumped into the March chicks' integration pen behind my back when I was changing the water. I couldn't catch her so I left her in there until dark and found her in the middle of the cuddle pile.

View attachment 3474100
Looks like a toasty warm pile ❤️

Feeding treats in close proximity has been one of my priorities when integrating. I believe that eating together as a flock makes them feel more at home with one another.
Curious. I find I have to spread the treats a distance (BOSS in the morning, scratch in the afternoon) or those higher in the pecking order will peck and run off the lower tier girls.

A not dead hen
But the sight is one that makes your heart drop into your stomach until you know they are just sunbathing!

Curious. I find I have to spread the treats a distance (BOSS in the morning, scratch in the afternoon) or those higher in the pecking order will peck and run off the lower tier girls.

But the sight is one that makes your heart drop into your stomach until you know they are just sunbathing!
That's the truth! I don't know how many times my heart has almost stopped because of sunbathing chicken!

Back
Top Bottom