Pheasants Anyone?

robcat

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2024
As a gift to my husband, I will soon be adding pheasant chicks to my rotation. I think I'm all set up as far as all their needs and I've done plenty of research.... I'm just not 100% on the peepers yet. I want to do pinless but I'm concerned they won't fit/stay. I realize this is a chicken page but was hoping someone else out there also dabbles in game birds?

I personally don't use and don't like blinders. I give my birds enough space and landscaping so I don't have problems of them pecking each other.
If your going to raise them for 'meat' purposes, in a small space, then I  might consider it, otherwise it's unnecessary! Just my
2cents.gif

I personally don't use and don't like blinders. I give my birds enough space and landscaping so I don't have problems of them pecking each other.
If your going to raise them for 'meat' purposes, in a small space, then I  might consider it, otherwise it's unnecessary! Just my View attachment 3815384
I think it depends on the bird species in question. If say you have goldens or amhersts and you're not able to keep them without blinders it might be worth re-evaluating your practices.

The lophurans, green peafowl, tragopans, and junglefowl though I'd be a bit more hesitant to judge if someone had blinders on them as they're much ragier and prone to killing their mates.

Back
Top Bottom