Pheasants and Pigeons....

chseeads

Songster
10 Years
May 28, 2009
Bloomington, Indiana
May be a crazy question, I don't know, but are pheasants and pigeons detrimental to one another? Any diseases they pass to each other?

I know it's possible to have chickens and pigeons together.....Could pheasants and pigeons utilize the same shelter/pen?

Anybody have any idea?
hmm.png

Just talking like a couple pairs of pigeons, that is.

actually golden pheasants are one of the most compatible species i'v ever dealt with, i'v kept mine with my doves, pigeons and chickens. if your worried about the pheasants beating up on the pigeons don't, i had a white homer who dominated my adult pair. diseases are no more an issue with pheasants than any other bird species, less actualy since they havent been domesticated for all that long, and just make sure the pigeons have places they can perch off the ground away from the pheasants.

The diseases are what would bother me.I know they are compatable with most other birds.It's just that pheasants are so suseptible to disease.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
I'M WITH TONY ON THAT 1! IF THEY WERE MINE I WOULD NOT PLACETHEM IN WITH OR NEXT TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PHEASANTS. TRIED THIS 1 MYSELF AND LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

that makes sense, they probably have no immunity. i'm not disagreeing with anybody on here cause i'm sure that you know alot more about pheasants in general but i'v been keeping my pheasants side by side to doves and pigeons since the day i got them, 6 years ago, without incident. granted i had very little flock movement, meaning i didn't get very many new bird, maybe 1-2 a year, and when i did they were quarentined for a couple weeks. if your gonna be moving lots of pigeons/doves in/out then i wouldn't do it reading what others have said, if its just a couple of doves and they're not gonna be able to pick stuff up from shows or whatever then it's got it's risks and it's up to you.

Back
Top Bottom