Pet Peeves

Found out that one of my coworkers "pretends to be a dumb blonde so nobody asks her to do much".
could've-fooled-me-jimmy.gif
And here, I thought she was genuinely dense.
And two other coworkers blame me for: purposefully unfolding the shirts (so they'll have to do it), knocking over the toys (so they will have to do them) and misplacing things around the store (so they will have to put them back).
You don't suppose the CUSTOMERS might be doing this, would you?
And one of those coworkers refuses to use a product scanner since she "just matches the barcode", which take forever and she usually puts things in the wrong area. The only reason her mediocre work ethic butt hasn't been pink slipped yet is (I imagine) thst she manages to stay on the thin line between mediocre and incompetent.
The day crew has at least 2 managers, 2 cashiers and 3 crew. Night crew has 1 manager/crew and 1 cashier/crew (me).
I do NOT have the time to molest the products, I am fighting for my life up front against the tide of "just got off work" shoppers while the manager is busting butt to do EVERYTHING else.

Pet Peeve: Cilantro tastes NOTHING like soap, so if it pleases humanity, quit telling me I have that quirky little soap-tasting gene that makes me hate it! There are those of us in existence who are able to despise the loathsome weed on its own merits.

You know what does taste like soap? Lavender, and it is delicious.

Last edited:
Pet Peeve: Cilantro tastes NOTHING like soap, so if it pleases humanity, quit telling me I have that quirky little soap-tasting gene that makes me hate it! There are those of us in existence who are able to despise the loathsome weed on its own merits.

You know what does taste like soap? Lavender, and it is delicious.
But…but…cilantro is delicious! 😂😂

Many product containers getting smaller & smaller, yet the prices keep going up! We've seen it with ice cream, yogurt & coffee, among other things. Business plans, mottos & goals must have changed from "outstanding quality in products & excellent service" to "how can we make more money & gouge the very customers that buy our crap".

1 example I'm disappointed in...Folgers, not only shrinks containers & jacks up the price, but they discontinued "Country Roast" which was the best flavor they had.
Not thrilled. 😠

20240218_165038.jpg

Many product containers getting smaller & smaller, yet the prices keep going up! We've seen it with ice cream, yogurt & coffee, among other things. Business plans, mottos & goals must have changed from "outstanding quality in products & excellent service" to "how can we make more money & gouge the very customers that buy our crap".

1 example I'm disappointed in...Folgers, not only shrinks containers & jacks up the price, but they discontinued "Country Roast" which was the best flavor they had.
Not thrilled. 😠

View attachment 3751622
I would not put shrinkflation entirely on the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom