Pet Peeves

People that intentionally pass on the right instead of left on the interstate šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Take a freaking driving class!
I have to admit, when I was working Cath Lab, and we got called out for a heart attack, I have passed people on the right and at a very high rate of speed. Nobody was going to die on my watch, because someone didn't know that flashing your high beams means get the H out of my way. I have passed people on the shoulder in heavy traffic.
I never lost anyone on a call out, but then every second counts.

Just don't use the turn signal, that's the way it is done in NOLA. :gig

Or the normalcy of cutting off on the interstate. Passengers with me always ask how I know it's gonna happen. I tap the brakes and move over just as they're coming around. It's year of driving nola looking almost more behind than in front whole driving. I see it coming before it happens. Or the crotch rockets splitting lanes at over 100. They always scare the passengers but I don't budge. I see them coming too

Learn that something white hanging out someone's car/truck window means "get out of the way". They have an emergency that they are going to.

People who don't know how to signal a semi driver that they have room to change lanes.

People who don't know hand signals, when driving, including bicycles.
And people who can't drive a manual transmission. :th
I did not know that about something white hanging out of the window, thanks. Don't believe I've ever seen it, but now I know.

I did not know that about something white hanging out of the window, thanks. Don't believe I've ever seen it, but now I know.
I used it a few years back when DD was ill and in Pensacola helping my friend open a business. I was surprised at how well it still worked in general. And was sad that a lot of people either had no idea what it meant, or just chose to ignore it, making it necessary to pass on the right. It used to be a universal sign that you were on the way to the hospital for an emergency, and that's what was happening at that time.
So many things have just not been passed on to the younger generation that they are becoming unknown, and lost in time, when they could remain useful.

Would be nice if they included it in driver's ed manual, though. My DH freaks me out when an emergency vehicle comes up behind us, lights flashing, siren blaring. He does not immediately just pull over and stop. Instead he slows down and starts looking for either a break in traffic or a convenient place to pull over. I do not know if he just gets rattled or if he does not know how important it is to just make way immediately. I may rattle him even more by screaming at him, actually.

Would be nice if they included it in driver's ed manual, though. My DH freaks me out when an emergency vehicle comes up behind us, lights flashing, siren blaring. He does not immediately just pull over and stop. Instead he slows down and starts looking for either a break in traffic or a convenient place to pull over. I do not know if he just gets rattled or if he does not know how important it is to just make way immediately. I may rattle him even more by screaming at him, actually.
That's probably it.

Back
Top Bottom