Pet Peeves

I guess so.

I don’t hate android, it’s just for me, it’s nowhere nears as good as Apple. Everything just *works* with apple devices, and everything is so intuitive and easy to use. Plus, developers prefer apple over android :p

I will say though… $1k is kinda steep for a phone 🤪
Tell me about it. I paid 1.2k. I've used apple products. I hate them. Probably because I've been an android user since they came out. If I'd have started with Apple, I imagine I'd be an Apple person.

Tell me about it. I paid 1.2k. I've used apple products. I hate them. Probably because I've been an android user since they came out. If I'd have started with Apple, I imagine I'd be an Apple person.
I started with Apple so I’m an Apple fan lol so this is true. I did try an Android twice though and liked it okay but never again lol

Android is so insecure and honestly, it’s trash. It’s software is disgusting, their design is meh. Main compliant is just how unsecure it is. And the low years of support it gets.
That's your opinion. I hate Apple, I think it's trash. And the people that own Apple are wasting their money on crap phones that they just have to replace in two years because they become obsolete. I have better things to spend my money on
Wait, trying to understand here. “Runs” as in software, or just as in how speedy it is to run applications and such?
Yes, software. And my phone is fast and secure. I'm not going to argue with you about phones. People like what they like. You have the money to waste on an Apple phone? Go for it

Why do most tech people prefer it?
Because most tech people hate vendor-locked ecosystems and forced obsolescence. 2 things Apple is well known for. Their vigorous opposition to right to repair and insistence on "only use our repair centers or your warranty is toast" may also have something to do with it.

That and paying premium prices for mid tier hardware and features (that android usually pioneers and apple adopts) and selling the brand as part of the appeal is catering to the inner narcissist in all of us.

Because most tech people hate vendor-locked ecosystems and forced obsolescence. 2 things Apple is well known for. Their vigorous opposition to right to repair and insistence on "only use our repair centers or your warranty is toast" may also have something to do with it.

That and paying premium prices for mid tier hardware and features (that android usually pioneers and apple adopts) and selling the brand as part of the appeal is catering to the inner narcissist in all of us.
Thorough answer!

That's your opinion. I hate Apple, I think it's trash. And the people that own Apple are wasting their money on crap phones that they just have to replace in two years because they become obsolete. I have better things to spend my money on
My opinion? I hate how people say apple plans obsolescence. They do not. If anything, it’s android who does that. There are literally android phones, from reputable companies, that only get 1-2 years of software support, and then they’re gone. Apple is still the leading brand in terms of years of software support. Just recently Samsung has upped their support to like 4 years, but apple’s at least 5 is still better. They also have pretty much one if the best, if not the best customer support. And any phone will eventually become obsolete, cause the tech gets old.
Yes, software. And my phone is fast and secure.
:lau

Secure? C54C9C22-9EEB-43FE-9E20-8539DE353683.jpeg
I'm not going to argue with you about phones.
I’m not trying to argue… just trying to get my point across.
People like what they like.
100% agreed.
You have the money to waste on an Apple phone? Go for it
It won’t be wasting money. It’s an investment of a sort. Apple products will always retain their value for way longer than any android.

Last edited:
50/50 on this. It is frustrating how you can’t really fix your own phone, although they made that just *slightly* easier this year.

On the other hand, it’s just like BMW cars. You either get it fixed right, or not. If you even change your BMW’s oil, at another facility other than a BMW certified one, that voids your warranty. Same with apple. They want to get things done right. No compromises.
That and paying premium prices for mid tier hardware and features (that android usually pioneers and apple adopts)
Again, 50/50 on this. True, android has features that takes years for apple to adapt. Like wireless charging, android had it in 2013, apple introduced it in 2017. However, apple waits so long cause they want to do it the “Apple way”. Which, in a nutshell, means perfection. That’s why Android’s features are usually glitchy and not great when they first come out, like wireless charging. Apple takes their time in perfecting it, making sure it works perfectly and seamlessly each and every time.

And it’s not mid-tier hardware. I mean, this year kinda, yes, for the *base* iPhone 14. That honestly makes no sense. But apple also has big features that android doesn’t. Probably the biggest one, FaceID. Everyone tried to copy it, of course, but everyone failed. No other company has FaceID. Even if they do, it’s trash. Even TouchID is still better than today’s companies, even though they released TouchID in 2014 (I believe).
and selling the brand as part of the appeal is catering to the inner narcissist in all of us.
I don’t understand this part 😅

Back
Top Bottom