Pet Peeves

abbreviations irk me. that’s a big pet peeve.

people who text “ty” instead of thank you or “ikr” instead of i know, right? need to be flogged publicly.

the same applies for all of the dh, dw, dd, ds that i see on this site. just say my son or my daughter.

i wonder what everyone does with all the time they save by abbreviating these things. it’s a wonder we don’t have a cure for cancer if everyone is that efficient with their time.

for some reason i’m ok with lol, though i usually choose to go with haha.
rekt!

Having 2 teenagers, I’ve learned to deal with the abbreviations although I have to sometimes ask what something means. 😂
it’s acceptable from teenagers i suppose.

but grown folks typing “DW went to the store…” needs to stop. if you have the time to sit down and tell us about your wife buying you a sweater, you have the time to type out “my wife”

it’s acceptable from teenagers i suppose.

but grown folks typing “DW went to the store…” needs to stop. if you have the time to sit down and tell us about your wife buying you a sweater, you have the time to type out “my wife”
What about SIL, BIL, DIL, etc. ? Way too long to type it all out fully 🤣😭 agree with DH, DB, DS. etc. though.

One of my best friends growing up said that to me once. she was super confused when I started laughing at her.
I remember lol before it was an emoji.

Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom