Pet Peeves

Relatable.
My dentist was doing a root canal on me when SpaceX started doing a test run of their rockets, his equipment was shaking and he started talking about how he needed to "ruin a root canal"so that he could sue SpaceX and be the first endodontist in space. 😵😵😵
I just about died on that table😭
Oh my goodness, that's awful!

I had a root canal recently (a couple months ago)

I had switched dentists, and the previous dentist had done x-rays, but apparently they didn't show my roots.

So, my first dentist appointment at the new dentist was shocking. They cleaned my teeth (But used heavenly warm water instead of ice cold). I hate getting my teeth cleaned, but I want to be able to eat for the rest of my life, so....

They did an X-ray and found that deep in my root was an infection. They didn't tell me immediately. Instead, they put some liquid nitrogen on my tooth, and asked if I could feel anything. Besides a little pressure, I couldn't feel ANYTHING at all. That's when they got concerned. They did a couple other tests, but my tooth was non-reactive (I could feel sensations in my other teeth though) Basically all the tissue was dead.

They sent me to an endodentist, where I got the root canal.

In the middle of the procedure they wanted to see if they had got all the tissue, but their x-ray machine wasn't working so I had to walk to the other room (stuff in my mouth and all). Luckily it went pretty smoothly.

The funny thing is is that the cause, we think, was a nerf gun bullet, which was from 7 years previously! 🤣

The funny thing is is that the cause, we think, was a nerf gun bullet, which was from 7 years previously! 🤣
Mine was from a taco shell! It wedged between my two bottom teeth.
I had spent all Christmas crying in pain with no way to get medical attention, and when I did get to the clinic, the dentist said "just bruising of the roots" and then next year (2021) on thanksgiving those two teeth started causing me excruciating pain again, and I couldn't get help😂. At that same time both of my salivary glands were infected and the whole bottom of my face was just swollen. I looked like Jay Leno. Fun stuff😩

If my dentists weren't such likable people I would've knocked some teeth out🙄

Going to the dentist
Does your DDS offer sedation dentistry? Mine does, though I don't use it.

They did start a new thing: ultrasound cleaning. I told them, "Put down on my chart that Sally LOVES ultrasound cleaning!" NO scraping! The hygienist said the sound bothers some people, but I guess I'm deaf to that range, or something. It made the cleaning a breeze for me.

But how come my twin sister doesn't have the same problem? (I know, I know, I just hate it!)
It's not necessarily just hygiene. Nutrition is a huge factor in how strong your teeth and gums are.
Sorry you had to deal with that. I absolutely hate the dentist as well.

I get headaches if I wear headbands. And if I wear a baseball cap I have to make sure it's loose enough otherwise it will give me a headache too.
Maybe the shopping one is from all the visual stimulus? Numbers, price tags, people whizzing by...
I think it's just dealing with people in general. I don't like people. I don't shun myself inside of course, but I don't like dealing with stupid, rude people

Back
Top Bottom