Pet Peeves

Exactly, that is why it frustrates me. It only further confuses new people. And throws the vomit orps in their face as if it’s the only option.
But if you think about it, people say that about other breeds too. You hear people say they have a silver laced wyandotte or golden laced, not just a wyandotte. Or buff or light brahmas, not just brahma

But if you think about it, people say that about other breeds too. You hear people say they have a silver laced wyandotte or golden laced, not just a wyandotte. Or buff or light brahmas, not just brahma
People can say they have a buff orpington. I say I have a barred bantam cochin. Or a crele OEGB. It’s when people speak of those breeds, in the context of breeds, but include the feather color/pattern. It bothers me just the same with all the other breeds. Buff orpington is just the most common example.

People can say they have a buff orpington. I say I have a barred bantam cochin. Or a crele OEGB. It’s when people speak of those breeds, in the context of breeds, but include the feather color/pattern. It bothers me just the same with all the other breeds. Buff orpington is just the most common example.
I see
You Are Weird GIF by The Roku Channel

You should know by now I’m just poking.
I have no problem with people liking the color buff.

But it is a general pet peeve of mine when people refer to “buff orpingtons” as a breed. Buff is a color present in many other breeds, and there are far more varieties than just buff in orpingtons.

It bothers me just the same when people use “barred rock” as the breed name. Even though I enjoy Plymouth Rocks, and barring is my favorite feather pattern.
It definitely confused me when I was researching chickens. I kept seeing references to both barred Plymouth rocks and barred rocks, and I was like, wait what?

HUGE pet peeve of mine. I D 10 T's in the school car rider line. It's almost May, you do not have to stop in the middle of the road to keep waving to your child. There is a reason they are not waving back, you are embarassing them. Keep the line moving, for pity's sake, we only have 22 days left, you should have picked up the process by now. I dare you to come see your little angel at lunch, you wouldn't recognize the little heathen

Back
Top Bottom