Pet Peeves

Oh, I used to love My Little Pony. When I was 6. I'm just saying, everyone has what they like. And buff chickens might be it. And My Little Pony might be it
You should know by now I’m just poking.
I have no problem with people liking the color buff.

But it is a general pet peeve of mine when people refer to “buff orpingtons” as a breed. Buff is a color present in many other breeds, and there are far more varieties than just buff in orpingtons.

It bothers me just the same when people use “barred rock” as the breed name. Even though I enjoy Plymouth Rocks, and barring is my favorite feather pattern.

But it is a general pet peeve of mine when people refer to “buff orpingtons” as a breed. Buff is a color present in many other breeds, and there are far more varieties than just buff in orpingtons.

It bothers me just the same when people use “barred rock” as the breed name. Even though I enjoy Plymouth Rocks, and barring is my favorite feather pattern.
When I was new to the chicken world, I thought those were the breeds names too. I think it's because 1. They are so popular and 2. That's how the feed stores label their chicks

When I was new to the chicken world, I thought those were the breeds names too. I think it's because 1. They are so popular and 2. That's how the feed stores label their chicks
Exactly, that is why it frustrates me. It only further confuses new people. And throws the vomit orps in their face as if it’s the only option.

Buff Orpingtons should be their own breed.
They are giving Orpingtons a bad look.

Get back under your bridge. Troll. :tongue
As soon as you tell me what this is 🙂
IMG_20220327_152502591.jpg

Back
Top Bottom