Pet Peeves

Yeah, I had to talk to the parents. They were OK with any and all words. I was like, "That's fine, but the children are in their sensitive period for learning language and"... you know teacher words ... wah...wah...wahwahwahwah.
It stopped because they told their child there are words not appropriate for school. :lol:
We all kniw someone’s getting suspended throughout Their school years

A coworker told me that his kids, 6 and 8, were forbidden to use the "F" word and the "S" word at the table. To my shocked reaction, he added, "Those words are "fart" and "stupid."
That was my childhood.. just add hell to it. I vaguely remember we could say those 3 words either. I remember how weird it was as an adult cursing infront of my folks without them getting angry.

That was my childhood.. just add hell to it. I vaguely remember we could say those 3 words either. I remember how weird it was as an adult cursing infront of my folks without them getting angry.
I wasn't even allowed to say "no-duh" in my house (now I've really aged myself) :lau.
My dad was just an old hippie that looked like it too until the day he passed. But, he didn't let us kids look like riff raff or sound like it either.

I better explain. Holey jeans were in style right alongside the phrase no-duh. We couldn't wear holes in our jeans unless they were patched. Most of our jeans just wore out right into fashion. And my dad still said, Nah. :gig

*Holey jeans meaning ripped knees and such not the fraying of today's jeans that goes from crotch to ankle. :lol:

I better explain. Holey jeans were in style right alongside the phrase no-duh. We couldn't wear holes in our jeans unless they were patched. Most of our jeans just wore out right into fashion. And my dad still said, Nah. :gig
Sunday jeans! I miss my acid washed and stonewashed Levis. The 80s and 90s were a different time.

NGL, the first word that most of my kids learned was "s**t"

AND NOT FROM ME! :p

I can remember a conversation with one of the boys when he was about 3, in which he was really mad because we took something away and he thought it was unfair. He stamped his little foot and screamed "That's boos***, Momma!" (because thats how he said "bull"). I about died laughing, because that's something my wife always says, and he didn't hear it from me. :p
I was talking to LO(3) the other day about how some people choose to use words that we do not use... I used our lovable but uncouth uncle as an example. LO looks at me somberly and nods, saying "yeah, like g*d d**mit"
Yes sweet child, yes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom