Pet Peeves

Wouldn't the seat have to be down for the lid to be down? It all goes down in my house. No fecal matter flying here
That you can see. 😆
The research that has been done demonstrates that there are less particles flying, but that there are still particles escaping the closed lid. When the lid is down, the particulate matter stays in the air longer, but there is less.
Personally, I keep my toothbrush in the farthest corner away from the toilet.
But, you can't worry about every little thing or you're going to be super worried when you find out about skin mites that live in hair (like eye brows) and feed off of dead skin cells. I just recently informed a coworker of her coexistence with skin mites. She was mortified. :gig

That you can see. 😆
The research that has been done demonstrates that there are less particles flying, but that there are still particles escaping the closed lid. When the lid is down, the particulate matter stays in the air longer, but there is less.
But, you can't worry about every little thing or you're going to be super worried when you find out about skin mites that live in hair (like eye brows) and feed off of dead skin cells. I just recently informed a coworker of her coexistence with skin mites. She was mortified. :gig
I've known all that for years and years. Doesn't bother me in the least. Like you, my toothbrush is far away from the toilet but say what you want, the seat AND lid go down in my house. And stay down unless someone is using it. None of the lid up bull crap. That's just asking for something to fall in

I've known all that for years and years. Doesn't bother me in the least. Like you, my toothbrush is far away from the toilet but say what you want, the seat AND lid go down in my house. And stay down unless someone is using it. None of the lid up bull crap. That's just asking for something to fall in
I don't keep things near or above the toilet. Nothing falling in unless it's my tush. 😂 I guess the lid up doesn't bother me. The seat up would - I mean, I don't want to fall in because the seat is up.
More times than I would like to admit in the years that I've been tending to farm animals, poo has landed in or near my mouth. I didn't die. I'll take my chances in my own restroom. I also clean my house including the toilet without gloves *gasp*. 😄
However, I avoid public restrooms until the very last minute and it's my only option because home is too far away. No way you can flush a public toilet and avoid the spray, I don't care how careful or coordinated you are. Talk about stranger danger. :gig

That you can see. 😆
I agree with you. If people are so worried about it, maybe they should consider using an outhouse? :confused:

I'm a weirdo I guess. I keep my toothbrush at the kitchen sink.
Also don't care about the cr@p particles. Isn't that good for building up your immune system?:confused:
Besides so many people are so full of sh!t would breathing in a few micro particles make a difference?

We have a more prominent need for seat and kids down….. large dogs drinking toilet water… :lau

We have a more prominent need for seat and kids down….. large dogs drinking toilet water…
Yeah, we had one toilet we used to have to clean using tang (powdered drink mix) because the dang malamutes would use it as a water bowl. Turns out tang is abrasive enough to actually work, so, yeah.

Knowing some of the goofballs I have had to work with over the years, I'm happy to see the seat up. At least they put it up to use it! :gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom