People are so mean

Yup, the unexperienced and uneducated people can be quite rude and obnoxious on various subjects.. Not just chickens. How todays world is, take it or leave it..
roll.png

Okay, I wanted to read the article itself as well, and every time I clicked on the back to article link at the top of the page, it brought me straight back here. Maybe there's something going on with my No Script, but is anyone else having this issue?

ETA: I just allowed the site on No Script and it did the same thing! This is weird.

Last edited:
I cant read the article, but some of the posts are good.

It's against the law in city limits, and should be. They are loud and filthy. Code enforcement contact info is here. http://www.sanjoseca.gov/codeEnforcement/

While you are at it, help clean up your neighborhood by alerting them of all violations like weeds in yards, dead cars, falling fences and more. Its the law and will improve your quality of life and property value.​

Quote:
I have 27 chickens and they don't stink. When it rains for several days, there is a faint odor of chicken poop - not a bad smell, just kind of farmy, like a barn. There are NO flies, although I have seen a large water roach in the hen house a couple of times.
I just hope those people who hate chickens so much and have never smelled anything but roses up their noses - don't have to ask their neighbors for eggs when the economy goes south and a depression is under-way. For some, life is just McDonald's hamburgers and cokes, and they don't have a clue how the meat got between the buns. They probably are in denial about the very odors their own bodies emit, and are probably fanatic about covering up the faintest smells. To those who hate chickens and their noises (which actually sound like the most beautiful music) and smells, I say - get real, find out how that chicken or beef patty got inside that bun, and GET A LIFE!!!

Ignorance is just par for the course with chickens. I was just holding my big red girl, Meg, while DH rebandaged her poor feet (bumblefoot is something she deals with all the time). I had my nose right in her hackle feathers and she smelled pretty fresh to me. My birds do not smell unless they've stepped in poop or had another bird poop on them. Ever smelled dogs that weren't cared for properly? YUK. And I prefer the smell of chicken poop to dog or cat poop any day anyway.

My sister always says " I dont want to hear about your stupid filthy chickens"...my answer to that is..." I listen to stories about your friends and they are nastier than my chickens" LOL
People are mean....
sad.png

Quote:
I care for my dogs, but have you ever smelled one that decided to Roll on the snake they just killed, so they could cover up that freshly bathed shampoo smell. My chickens dont roll on other dead animals, but they do occassionally(whenever they get the chance) cover themselves with dirt.

Back
Top Bottom